Vaccines | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Vaccines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not surprising at all. The science says the more people who get the shot up front, the better off it is for everyone. Trying to boost your way out of it while other areas of the world have no vaccinations is just going to lead to more variants.

Global health authorities have been skeptical of boosters, pushing instead for a focus on low-income countries where few residents have been able to access first doses. In a statement on Tuesday, the World Health Organization’s technical advisory group on Covid-19 vaccine composition said that, while some countries are recommending booster doses, “the immediate priority for the world is accelerating access to the primary vaccination.”

What’s more, the technical advisory group said that “a vaccination strategy based on repeated booster doses of the original vaccine composition is unlikely to be appropriate or sustainable.”
I am vaccinated and boosted, but I doubt I'll get any more boosters unless a particularly nasty variant shows up that memory immune cells can't handle and a tailored vaccine is necessary. I wasn't totally convinced a first booster was warranted, but decided to mix it up boosting with J&J after initial Pfizer series since it appears mixing the vaccine type (e.g., mRNA vs. virus vector) creates a more adaptable memory immune response. Frankly, I think catching omicron would contribute to a more robust immune system to future infection or variants than yet another dose of an mRNA vaccine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cssch
Top Bottom