OT: Vacation plans? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Vacation plans?

Reaction Score
Wife and I are flying to Lucerne then renting a car and driving to Lake Como for three nights. Then back to Switzerland for a ten days train tour throughout the Swiss Alps on five or six of the best trains in Europe. Sleep in hotels and breakfast and dinner included.
The motivation for this trip was a rail trip last year across the Canadian Rockies to Vancouver. Then a nine day cruise to Alaska.
As we get older one realizes life is short and things happen so might as well enjoy it when one still can!
Any one wanting more info on either of these trips just contact me!
Can't wait!
Bronx23

Last edited:
Reaction Score
End of this month off on road trip across middle America to CA. Return in June via Phoenix,Texas and the Big easy Last year did a southerly route and returned on a northerly route. And my wife and I still are talking to each other.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Wife and I are flying to Lucerne then renting a car and driving to Lake Como for three nights. Then back to Switzerland for a ten days train tour throughout the Swiss Alps on five or six of the best trains in Europe. Sleep in hotels and breakfast and dinner.
The motivation for this trip was a rail trip last year across the Canadian Rockies to Vancouver. Then a nine day cruise to Alaska.
As we get older one realizes life is short and things happen so might as well enjoy it when one still can!
Any one wanting more info on either of these trips just contact me!
Can't wait!
Bronx23
I was in Zermatt last May. Gorgeous part of the world.

Attachments

• 0AE8A726-F171-48E7-B3D6-65DE0E8111F5.jpeg
    0AE8A726-F171-48E7-B3D6-65DE0E8111F5.jpeg
    347.4 KB · Views: 55
Reaction Score
Left last wed on a trip to Vegas-valley of Fire- Hoover dam- Grand Canyon - Winslow ( standing on the corner, mighty fine sight to see) - now at Sedona. I have been trying to keep up with everybody’s posts but reception at GCwas spotty at best.

I stood on that corner in Winslow a few years back, and there wasnt a flat-bed Ford anywhere in sight, least of all with "...a girl, my lord...slowin' down to have a look at me"!! Oh well...

Reaction Score
They have a red flatbed ford right there but no girl in it .....we are plannng to go to southern France or Italy in the Fall. We have been to Paris and love it, so much to see including museums. My wife likes her vino... Suggestions... we would definitely hit Rome and cultural sites but what about the way up to Tuscany?... also southern France best sites to see...

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
A couple weekends from now, I'll be at weekend 2 of Coachella

My brother didn't want to go alone and it's a good excuse to see my 2-year-old niece (she and my sister-in-law will be relaxing in the rental apartment while my brother and I are at the festival).

Plus, how can one resist the siren song of Beyonce?

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Trying to arrange a "girls' weekend" with my best friend from college....

A now annual trip to St. Thomas' Water Island for a week of SCUBA. Work will take me to Minneapolis in August. Have to check the schedule for Lynx games. Then Tenerife in September for the FIBA championship.

Reaction Score
Soon - Italy - Stresa, Rapallo and Venice
September - Ireland

As mentioned above: life is short. With college etc for daughter, a small business that needed tending (still does), and the other life-stuff, we put off travel too long. Even though I may have other economic demands, I want to overdo travel while we're both -physically = able to enjoy it.

Reaction Score
Mine is boring. My wife and I live on Florida's Treasure Coast, so vacation for me (yes, we travel elsewhere, but this is MY vacation) is the Fort Pierce Inlet State Park, near home. I've seen manatees, porpoises, pelicans, small birds diving for fish right next to me. Last year I was standing in the surf on a day when there were bait fish in the water. Turns out some larger fish were chasing the bait fish, A wave broke next to me and the school of bait fish found themselves airborne and a bunch of them hit me in the face and chest. There's a first time for everything. It was very cool and typical for what can happen there.

If you've ever been to Florida state parks, you know how nice they can be. I've been to a bunch, but this one is both nice and laid back.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Vacation plans? Moi? Of course:

The Big Island plus Oahu and Kauai for the last half of April.

Golf in Palm Desert in early June.

The U.S. Open at Shinnecock in mid-June.

London and Wimbledon in July.

Spain, the Canary Islands, and the women’s FIBA World Cup in late September.

May and August are left open—by design.
Milford. The Peripatetic Husky. I'm surprised you're not headed down to Australia for the next partial eclipse in July.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
We'll be doing Northern New England. Three days with middle sister in Vermont, big family bash in New Hampshire at youngest sister's house, four days with brother in NH, then four days with eldest sister and parents on the coast of Maine. I have a wonderful family and love the almost great white north. Especially the coast of Maine.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Vacation plans? Moi? Of course:

The Big Island plus Oahu and Kauai for the last half of April.

Golf in Palm Desert in early June.

The U.S. Open at Shinnecock in mid-June.

London and Wimbledon in July.

Spain, the Canary Islands, and the women’s FIBA World Cup in late September.

May and August are left open—by design.

Kauai is the most beautiful place I've ever been. Wife wants to retire there. If we have the means, I can see three months in Kauai, three on the coast of Maine, and six somewhere warm on the East Coast.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Since we now live full time in Florida, vacations take on a different meaning.

Today we fly north to CT to see the grandkids - 3 boys. Youngest's birthday is today but we will celebrate it on Saturday. Since I just had mine, Poppa and C will have a party with cake. C is excited and so is Poppa! Yankee game next week with older 2 grandsons and family. And of course baby sitting so Mommy and Daddy can get a night out.

We'll be back up in September - grandchild #4 is due!

Outside of that, we may take a week in St. Augustine, FL. Great winery and distillery there. Also have some excellent restaurants.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Two weeks in bonnie Scotland... Edinburgh and the Border Abbys, then up to Skye and the eastern highlands. The theme is lots of hiking and cultural/historic immersion.

Last edited:

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Despite a minor fender bender on the slopes of Jay Peak yesterday (on our last run), when my wife; impatient with my slow pace and tiring of me looking to slide up every raised corner; created a semi-minor crash that put me out for a few seconds...

We are looking into a National ski pass that allow us to tour the country, stopping off in Aspen, Copper Mt and Winter Park Colorado, then heading North to Grand Teton, Big Sky, and Lake Louise in Alberta, back down to Alta in Utah and over to Tahoe for some last turns at Squaw Valley and possibly over to Mammoth.

Approaching 80, I don't have (that) many years left to ski the entire West in one season; it's now or never.

And of course, depending on snow conditions, could start in Canada...or even California.

Leave NY or (St J) a day or 2 before New Years, start the car and be back in time to file our taxes.

Nice to be retired....even semi-retired.

Mogul hopping at close to 80? That is impressive.

Lazy man's vacation this time around. Cruise to Bermuda in early May. Food, wine, music, conversation, my little version of heaven.

Reaction Score
Well....I think after Labor Day we are going to hitch up the fifth wheel and head up to Rocky Mountain National Park. Then we are going to head for Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone where we will fly fish the Snake and Yellowstone Rivers. Then we will head up to Montana and meet up with friends who have a ranch up there and fly fish some of those great Montana Rivers. Heading back we will cut back through Utah and home to Eastern New Mexico.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Milford. The Peripatetic Husky. I'm surprised you're not headed down to Australia for the next partial eclipse in July.
I love Australia, but after Ezi decided to stay home, I’m boycotting the Land Down Under this year. ;)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I love Australia, but after Ezi decided to stay home, I’m boycotting the Land Down Under this year. ;)
LOL. The answer was Geno was already eclipsed by Lauren Jackson.

Reaction Score
Left last wed on a trip to Vegas-valley of Fire- Hoover dam- Grand Canyon - Winslow ( standing on the corner, mighty fine sight to see) - now at Sedona. I have been trying to keep up with everybody’s posts but reception at GCwas spotty at best.
Loved Sedona when there a few years ago. I actually liked it more than the Grand Canyon, which is obviously also awesome.
There's something about Sedona and the Red Rocks that's almost spiritual, and I rarely think say.
Bronx23

Reaction Score
We'll be doing Northern New England. Three days with middle sister in Vermont, big family bash in New Hampshire at youngest sister's house, four days with brother in NH, then four days with eldest sister and parents on the coast of Maine. I have a wonderful family and love the almost great white north. Especially the coast of Maine.
Love New England, except for Red Sox fanatics. Sorry for the sarcasm.
If you can visit Acadia National Park in or near Bar Harbor, Maine, don't miss it. Absolutely gorgeous. There's a restaurant in the Park that specializes in popovers. Can't remember the name.
Bronx23

Reaction Score
Kauai is the most beautiful place I've ever been. Wife wants to retire there. If we have the means, I can see three months in Kauai, three on the coast of Maine, and six somewhere warm on the East Coast.
Sounds like great mix! Never been to Hawaii and as I have to almost pull teeth to get her to fly,doubt will get there.
Bronx23

Reaction Score
Annual trip to Cape Cod with friends Memorial Day weekend. I’m trying to convince the hubby we need to buy a camp in the Adirondakcs in upstate NY. I think success is on the horizon! Probably going to the Mystic area of CT as well; one of our favorite places.

Reaction Score
A couple weekends from now, I'll be at weekend 2 of Coachella

My brother didn't want to go alone and it's a good excuse to see my 2-year-old niece (she and my sister-in-law will be relaxing in the rental apartment while my brother and I are at the festival).

Plus, how can one resist the siren song of Beyonce?

watch out for those glowing green pills................:rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom