Va Tech & NC State | The Boneyard

Va Tech & NC State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Please SEC, poach the ACC. That would be a dream come true.

Reaction Score
I just realized that I titled this thread entirely wrong. Reading comprehension fail.

An NC school, NOT necessarily NC St.

My fault.

Reaction Score
i assume that means UNC, but i dont believe UNC would that much interest in the SEC. in the ACC, north carolina is probably top three most influential schools. In SEC, it would be bottom 5?

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
I'll bet that the SEC is just chomping at the bit to grab Wake Forest.

Ghz

Reaction Score
I don't even know how to evaluate the the truth of this report. Is someone blowing smoke to make FSU rethink their ability to leave for the SEC? Is the SEC trying not to tip their hand by bluffing?

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
If the SEC wants and NC school the only one that is a possibility is NC State.. UNC isn't leaving the ACC... Duke and UNC are probably the only two schools I'd say that 100% about.

Reaction Score
NC State has been frequently mentioned as a quality SEC option. They are in the constant shadow of UNC and Duke in the ACC and would certainly open up a sizable market for the SEC. The have natural border rivals in south Carolina and Tennessee. I see more media value in NC State than VA Tech.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Looks like creative writing 101. People creating new stuff because most of the other plausible possibilities have been completely analyzed ad nauseam and these guys want to capitalize on the mania by making any original statement, as implausible as it may be.

VT would be a play but not a top of the list play for the SECl.

Reaction Score
If I'm the SEC, and my member schools won't let me take FSU, I would probably look at NCST long and hard. New market. Growing state, etc.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Does anyone remember that it was the Commonwealth of VA that insisted that both VA and VA Tech needed to be in the same conference. Is that out of play for VA now?

Reaction Score
No chance would it be North Carolina. NCState, maybe. It fits the profile much better than UNC. And quite honestly, if NCState left, that wouldn't be so bad. Buthere's the thing that I've been preaching for years...and we're finding out now...with 12-16 members, even if you get poached you have a viable conference. With 8, not the case. In a 12 team Big East, if 2 mid-level teams like Syracuse and Pitt got picked, you can easily go on and recruit new members at your leisure, rather than out of desperation. And further more, once you're a BCS team...well you're a BCS team. Anyone going around saying Wake Forest isn't? How about Louisville? Duke? Well, maybe Duke is the exception;)...but even if you lose FSU, there is enough there that nobody will question your legitimacy.

Reaction Score
Does anyone remember that it was the Commonwealth of VA that insisted that both VA and VA Tech needed to be in the same conference. Is that out of play for VA now?
That wasn't exactly the case, I don't think...Virginia was concerned that VaTech would be left behind and left out of a BCS conference. In fact, for years, Tech had been trying mightily to get into the ACC without success. It wasn't an insistance that the 2 schools be together so much as that VaTech be protected. Had the first BE raid never occurred, VaTech likely wouldn't have even been considered for the ACC.

Reaction Score
You have stuff being leaked all over the place to unnerve players. It's all bunk.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
You have stuff being leaked all over the place to unnerve players. It's all bunk.
I think there's a ton of that going on. I think our class will stay together... but it might hurt if we're in with any bigger gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom