OT: - V J Day sailor dies | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: V J Day sailor dies

Reaction Score
She sure looks like she's enjoying that lip smack!

UC NICK: just noticed you are from Lombardi's home town. David Maraniss wrote richly detailed book on the coach's life: "When Pride Still Mattered."
Might want to check it out - lots of interesting insights. In fact, I noticed Geno used some parallel themes to Lombardi's motivational strategies on his latest Geno show!

Reaction Score
6a00d8341c630a53ef016766f05c60970b-300wi

MilfordHusky, That is so neat! Thanks for sharing!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
UC NICK: just noticed you are from Lombardi's home town. David Maraniss wrote richly detailed book on the coach's life: "When Pride Still Mattered."
Might want to check it out - lots of interesting insights. In fact, I noticed Geno used some parallel themes to Lombardi's motivational strategies on his latest Geno show!

Yep...he's buried in Mt. Olivet Cemetery, Middletown Township, NJ. He owned a house in Fair Lawn, just across the Navesink River from Middletown, throughout most of his coaching career, even when he was with the Packers. We lived in New Monmouth, one of the many villages that comprise the township. I played baseball as a teenager in a summer league with Vince's nephew Lou.

Thanks for the book suggestion. I like Maraniss.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg
Top Bottom