UVA in NC | The Boneyard

UVA in NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
After watching a couple of recent UVA games, I'm hoping they get to the NC as that game would have the potential to erase all memories of UConn-Butler being the worst NC game in history.

Have to say, Bennett's focus on defense is extremely well designed and executed. Opponents simply can't go inside on UVA and their perimeter defense is in your face as well. Hard to run transition on them as they're exceptionally fast to get back into position. But boy do they suck at scoring despite using the entire shot clock each trip.

IMO, if UVA got into an NC game vs anyone save maybe UK or Duke - we could be looking at a combined point total under 90.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Who on this forum could possibly think UConn-Butler was "the worst NC game in history"? It was a thing of beauty.

It was a win. And a trophy. And a banner. And all of that was beautiful.

But the game itself was decidedly not a "thing of beauty".

Outside of our community, it ranks either 1 or 2 among the worst, the other contender being a UNC beatdown of somebody that was never competitive from the opening buzzer. At least Butler was in the game for 30 minutes (no thanks to our own offensive futility).

Reaction Score
uva is obviously a defensive minded team, but they actually have a very good offense. They don't put up a lot of points because they run the whole shot clock. It's actually enjoyable (for me at least) to watch them just pick apart a defense and get easy looks

the uconn v butler game was a defensive masterpiece on our part. Butler was just lucky kemba was 90% of our offense otherwise it could have easily been a beat down like that unc/msu game

Reaction Score
After watching a couple of recent UVA games, I'm hoping they get to the NC as that game would have the potential to erase all memories of UConn-Butler being the worst NC game in history.

Have to say, Bennett's focus on defense is extremely well designed and executed. Opponents simply can't go inside on UVA and their perimeter defense is in your face as well. Hard to run transition on them as they're exceptionally fast to get back into position. But boy do they suck at scoring despite using the entire shot clock each trip.

IMO, if UVA got into an NC game vs anyone save maybe UK or Duke - we could be looking at a combined point total under 90.

I have watched virtually every game this year and yes they are a very good defensive team. However, keep in mind they lost their best offensive player, Anderson to broken fingers on his shooting hand. Prior to that they looked pretty darn good...they use all of the shot clock but excellent motion.

Reaction Score
uva is obviously a defensive minded team, but they actually have a very good offense. They don't put up a lot of points because they run the whole shot clock. It's actually enjoyable (for me at least) to watch them just pick apart a defense and get easy looks

the uconn v butler game was a defensive masterpiece on our part. Butler was just lucky kemba was 90% of our offense otherwise it could have easily been a beat down like that unc/msu game
true, their offense is probably underrated, or at least overshadowed by their defense. The problem is they take so long to run it, their games are now on par with Wisconsin (better now with Kaminsky though) as being unwatchable.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun's halftime adjustments, often unnoticed by mainstream media, were some of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in my life. They should be in a museum.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
UConn-Butler the worst game? To all but one team.
Any "fan" that deems a title win as "worst" needs to have their head examined.
I'll take a "worst" game like that EVERY year

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

UVa struggles to score and it will be their downfall in the tournament

Reaction Score
One thing about the 2011 game against Butler that no one mentions, is that we had our whole starting lineup out for a stretch in the 1st half all with 2 fouls, we scored 34 pts in the second half, we shoot it like we did the 2nd half then we score over 70 most likely, and win by over 20 but whatever, some of the best NFL teams of all time have played some ugly games but a win is a win. The 72 Dolphins had an ugly Super Bowl win over the Redskins 14-7. Has anyone ever wanted to have a pretty loss?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
UConn-Butler the worst game? To all but one team.
Any "fan" that deems a title win as "worst" needs to have their head examined.
I'll take a "worst" game like that EVERY year

Get over your sanctimonious ass. Google "worst NCAA championship game" and see what you get.

I'd like to see UConn get off the top of that list.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I'd like to see UConn get off the top of that list.
F(CK that. I want UCONN on that list 10 more times. I'd love us to win the next 10 national titles by the score of 17-13.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom