"Utah State should consider it a derogatory mark on its record if UConn manages to so much as sniff the end zone." | The Boneyard

"Utah State should consider it a derogatory mark on its record if UConn manages to so much as sniff the end zone."

Reaction Score
Lose the starting quarterback in the first quarter and a true freshman is thrown into the fire and they were going to get the ball back with 7 minutes left down 24-20 with a chance to win the game if not for the refs boning them.

There's still holes and losing the QB and not having the top receivers is scary going forward but the team is so much better than it was. This shows you how important coaching is, a great performance all things considered.

Cool of the Utah State coach to run out the clock at the end, you could tell he respected the way UConn played out there and respects Mora for making them so competitive so quickly.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Anyone have what Utah State said in the postgame?
Not much online yet, but found this:

Head Coach Blake Anderson: “Didn’t really know what to expect from UConn,” Anderson said about the Huskies, who were playing its first game under new head coach Jim Mora. “They were big. Obviously, were well coached. Did not make a lot of mistakes today. I hate that they had their quarterback go down. I hope that’s not a season-ending injury. That did not look good. Prayers go up for him. You hate to see that for a competitor like him. You could tell he was going to impact their team in a big, big way. I hope that’s something he can get well and healthy and still play for those guys.”

Reaction Score
That has to be the best post game presser we've had after a loss that I can ever remember.
I like how he took responsibility for some of it when saying he needed to not have the secondary in man so much. Not that is right or wrong, but the reflexive reaction to figure out what could have he done better to help his kids succeed on this day. That is a long-term successful coaching mentality.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom