Utah State @ Alabama | The Boneyard

Utah State @ Alabama

Reaction Score
We play the Aggies on August 27th. But they have a much bigger contest on the horizon. They travel to Bryant-Denny Stadium the following week for a September 3rd meeting with the Crimson Tide.

Something to think about. Does it mean they will come into our game in tip top shape knowing they have to face a perennial NC contender in short order? Or do they look past the Huskies? We're a classic trap game without the front door on the trap. They have to play us. No doubt, their coach will say all the right things. But in training camp, are they preparing for the opener or thinking about the Tide?

Should be interesting.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We play the Aggies on August 27th. But they have a much bigger contest on the horizon. They travel to Bryant-Denny Stadium the following week for a September 3rd meeting with the Crimson Tide.

Something to think about. Does it mean they will come into our game in tip top shape knowing they have to face a perennial NC contender in short order? Or do they look past the Huskies? We're a classic trap game without the front door on the trap. They have to play us. No doubt, their coach will say all the right things. But in training camp, are they preparing for the opener or thinking about the Tide?

Should be interesting.
It just means when we beat them in week zero and then Utah St beats Bama in week 1 that we will be the #1 team in football under the indisputable transitive property of sports.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure anybody looks past the first game of the season as you are excited to be on the field especially at home. Normally you would expect relatively vanilla offensive and defensive looks as they may not want to tip their had for week 2, however being the giant underdog that they will be against The Tide they may want to put some exotic stuff on film to give their coordinators something to think about.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
If the game the following week was against another league rival...or a team like Utah...then maybe they would be looking past UConn.

They are going on the road to get crushed by Alabama. If anything, they may pull out all the stops against UConn to ensure they are 1-1 after two games.

Reaction Score
First week always has weird results. Teams are still coming together. Utah State is not going to be as good as last season. And I am banking on us not being as pathetic as last season with basically a two year offseason.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It just means when we beat them in week zero and then Utah St beats Bama in week 1 that we will be the #1 team in football under the indisputable transitive property of sports.
It’s math!

Reaction Score
Playing at Utah State will be a challenge for UConn. The stadium is at ~4700 feet and the temperatures could be 90 degrees. They are going to need depth and oxygen for the game.

Reaction Score
Playing at Utah State will be a challenge for UConn. The stadium is at ~4700 feet and the temperatures could be 90 degrees. They are going to need depth and oxygen for the
Players need to be prepared! It’s August and hot everywhere No excuses especially over 3 weeks before the game

Reaction Score
Utah State Aggies fan here. Just wanted to join your board and let you all know how excited i am for this 2 game series with UCONN. Going into last year the Aggies had no hope after the 2020 debacle. No one could have predicted that the Aggies would go 11-3 last year, but that is what happened with a new head coach who also brought in a lot of transfers. Not saying UCONN will do that this year, but I expect a tough game in Logan on 8/27. Are any of you coming out for the game? If you have never visited Utah there are tons of outdoor activities to take in. I look forward to tripping out to the UCONN game next year. I have always wanted to visit the NE in the fall to see all the fall colors and am looking forward to visiting. Here is a to a fun game.

Reaction Score
Utah State Aggies fan here. Just wanted to join your board and let you all know how excited i am for this 2 game series with UCONN. Going into last year the Aggies had no hope after the 2020 debacle. No one could have predicted that the Aggies would go 11-3 last year, but that is what happened with a new head coach who also brought in a lot of transfers. Not saying UCONN will do that this year, but I expect a tough game in Logan on 8/27. Are any of you coming out for the game? If you have never visited Utah there are tons of outdoor activities to take in. I look forward to tripping out to the UCONN game next year. I have always wanted to visit the NE in the fall to see all the fall colors and am looking forward to visiting. Here is a to a fun game.

3-9 would be a great season for us.

It seems like people expect Utah State to take a step back this season. How do you see it?

Reaction Score
3-9 would be a great season for us.

It seems like people expect Utah State to take a step back this season. How do you see it?
The Aggies lost about 80% of their receiver production from last year including 2 guys who are in training camps currently for the Panthers and Bucs. The Aggies did bring in some talent as transfers and have some good other receivers in the lineup. The starting QB from last year who broke the passing record injured his knee in the bowl game. He is practicing and is expected to start, but not sure if he will be 100% in game one. Most of the starting O-line is back as well as the starting RB. On defense the tackles all return, but lose 1 defensive end, 1 stud LB, striker, 1 CB and safety. Some good guys are in the wings as well as some transfers, but not sure the defense will be as effective at tackles for losses as last year.

I think the talent is there to have another good year, but I would guess the Aggies are in the 7-8 win range. Over the last 7ish years the Aggies most years have had to break in new d-coordinators and o-coordinators most years. Aside from changing the d-line coach the coaching staff is the same as last year which gives me a lot of hope from a continuity standpoint. The Aggies last year were really good in 1 score games as well as came back from 10+ points in 5 of their wins. Not sure they can repeat that statistic this year. I am excited for the season as I love college football.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom