Utah/dook ending | The Boneyard

Utah/dook ending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I was listening to the Steve Czaban show this morning and they were wrapping up the weekend bball games.

They brought up the end of Utah/dook where the whistle had blown, coaches shook hands and dook wins by five. After consultations, the refs put 0.7 seconds on the clock and gave dook two FT's due to a foul that was called before the clock hit 0. Dook was already up by 5 so the FT's had no bearing on the outcome.

Oh by the way, the spread was dook by 5.

Did I miss any or all the articles about that call?

I didn't watch the game and didn't see or hear anything on the TV about it (I was running around quite a bit this weekend so I may have missed it). According to the radio guys, the refs swallowed a whistle in the last 10 seconds regarding a held ball that would have gone to Utah and an obvious travel by dook, but went to the monitor and put time back on the clock for the FT's.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If the spread was 5 wouldn't the ft not matter? Idk anything about a held ball.

Reaction Score
It was a strange situation... The ref didn't want to call a foul, but the Utah player was assaulting a Duke guy. It was most definitely a foul but why time was put back on the clock etc is a bit odd.

Reaction Score
As someone who had Utah +5, it still stings, a lot of people had 5.5.

It was travel first, no call, then a held ball, no call, than he fouled, called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom