OT: - USWNT She Believes Cup | The Boneyard

OT: USWNT She Believes Cup

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Here we go. Something to do in the time Gap :) :)

After the qualifying tournament last month against mostly overmatched regional opponents, the top-ranked U.S. now faces three of the better teams in the world -- No. 6 England, No. 10 Japan and No. 13 Spain -- in the span of eight days.

The games against England and Spain are World Cup rematches; the U.S. defeated Spain 2-1 in the round of 16 and England in a semifinal. England and Spain also were the only teams in the tournament to, at least temporarily, erase deficits after the U.S. opened the scoring.

Reaction Score
I know England is ranked #6, but IMO, they're the second best team in the world and Spain is probably in the top-10. This is a very stiff test for the Americans.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I’m curious to see how they play without Alex Morgan — actually, how they play knowing that Morgan isn’t available. I think Christen Press is every bit as good a player as Morgan, but not as consistent. That said, she’s been on an incredible roll, and I hope she is given the starting position and grows into the bigger role.

Reaction Score
I’m curious to see how they play without Alex Morgan — actually, how they play knowing that Morgan isn’t available.

It will be interesting to see if Alex is able to make the Olympic team (assuming there is one). She trained with the National Team a few weeks ago while seven months pregnant. Her current plan is to return to National Team training in May, a month after giving birth. It will be interesting to see how this story develops.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see if Alex is able to make the Olympic team (assuming there is one). She trained with the National Team a few weeks ago while seven months pregnant. Her current plan is to return to National Team training in May, a month after giving birth. It will be interesting to see how this story develops.
I think your last sentence sums it up pretty well. Her plan is aggressive and admirable. But it’s also full of unknowns, many of which are beyond her control.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom