OT: - USOC moves to decertify USA Gymnastics | The Boneyard

OT: USOC moves to decertify USA Gymnastics

Reaction Score
Perhaps one of the most inept federations is finally seeing repercussions. The Nassar scandal seemed to reveal the depths of the USAG's incompetence. Only last week, Ron Galimore 1980 Olympian and USAG COO who received emails about Nassar early on, was allowed present medals at the World Championships, though thankfully not to Simone Biles.

To somewhat tie this in to Connecticut, 1978 World UB Champion, Marcia Frederick was from Connecticut and trained under the famed Muriel Grossfeld in Milford. Frederick claimed she was repeatedly molested by her male coach Rich Carlson during this period. Grossfeld first fired Carlson then rehired him. Carlson was banned from the sport earlier this year and Frederick filed a proposed class action lawsuit against USAG. Approximately one week after the filing, Muriel Grossfeld suffered a stroke. Please read the Frederick article because it is heartbreaking.

U.S. Olympic Committee takes step to dismantle USA Gymnastics

Marcia Frederick, first U.S. Gymnastics world champion, shares story of abuse – Orange County Register

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
The more I hear about that USA Gymnsatics, the more befuddled I am. How did a bunch of people I would never let near my PETS (heck, probably not even near my garden) ever rise to power in an organization that oversees people's children?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET
Top Bottom