USNT Roster for Nov Friendlies | The Boneyard

USNT Roster for Nov Friendlies

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Playing England (11/15) and Italy (11/20) in Nov.

GK - Guzan, Horvath and Steffen
DF - Brooks, Cannon, Carter-Vickers, Long, Miazga, Moore, Robinson, Villafana, Yedlin, Zimmerman
MF - Acosta, Adams, de la Torre, Delgado, Romain Gall, Green, Lletget, McKennie, Nagbe, Pulisic, Saief, Trapp, Weah
FW - Sargent, Wood

Reaction Score
Including MLS players involved in playoffs doesn't make sense
Will Trapp never makes sense

Yeah but Trapp plays for Columbus and Berhalter manages Columbus.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was hoping I'd seen the end of the Darlington Nagbe era.

Reaction Score
Dribbling to Nowhere: The Darlington Nagbe biography.
On a team that struggles to keep possession Nagbe is one player you can trust to keep the ball. He doesn't score often, but if soccer kept hockey assists you would find he is more involved in scoring plays than it appears.

It's interesting that Nagbe is a favorite whipping boy. Maybe it's because he moves through the field with the ball with such ease that we expect so much more.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Who missed the cut? The three biggest US national team roster snubs

MLS whining. They might as well call up every American who ever played soccer to make these idiots happy.
Well Canouse can be covered by Adams, Acosta, McKennie and Trapp.
Arriola can be covered by Nagbe (though I'd prefer Arriola), Weah, de la Torre, Pulisic, Lleget, Saief. And I guess Gall can play RW too.
And Parker, well we're pretty stacked at CB. Erik Palmer-Brown didn't get called in either.

Reaction Score
Well Canouse can be covered by Adams, Acosta, McKennie and Trapp.
Arriola can be covered by Nagbe (though I'd prefer Arriola), Weah, de la Torre, Pulisic, Lleget, Saief. And I guess Gall can play RW too.
And Parker, well we're pretty stacked at CB. Erik Palmer-Brown didn't get called in either.

Erik doesn’t play in MLS therefore it’s not a snub.

Reaction Score
On a team that struggles to keep possession Nagbe is one player you can trust to keep the ball. He doesn't score often, but if soccer kept hockey assists you would find he is more involved in scoring plays than it appears.

It's interesting that Nagbe is a favorite whipping boy. Maybe it's because he moves through the field with the ball with such ease that we expect so much more.

His dribbles never amount to much though. I’ve seen him play in person a handful of times. He’s a standout until he has to pass the ball.

Reaction Score
Yea I know, the point was not even EPB got called in.

When I say snub, I just mean according to MLS. If a foreign player gets passed over they rejoice. But two friendlies in Europe? I would think they bring him in at least to see how he is doing.

Reaction Score
His dribbles never amount to much though. I’ve seen him play in person a handful of times. He’s a standout until he has to pass the ball.
The vast majority of dribbles, heck, the vast majority of plays in soccer amount to nothing. I just don't understand the amount of criticism heaped on DN.

Reaction Score
The vast majority of dribbles, heck, the vast majority of plays in soccer amount to nothing. I just don't understand the amount of criticism heaped on DN.

Because he’s not that good. He’s just another hyped up middling MLS player.

Reaction Score
USA won't be playing againt England's Danny Welbeck in the upcoming friendly. The poor guy snapped his ankle in Arsenal's Europa match this afternoon. Went-up for a header and came down on his leg badly, his foot was rotated 90 degrees away from the rest of his leg. Looks to be his third major injury in 4 years.

Reaction Score
USA won't be playing againt England's Danny Welbeck in the upcoming friendly. The poor guy snapped his ankle in Arsenal's Europa match this afternoon. Went-up for a header and came down on his leg badly, his foot was rotated 90 degrees away from the rest of his leg. Looks to be his third major injury in 4 years.

Wayne Rooney got the call up... it’s for charity.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Not for the national team, he doesn't. But I also have to admit, I see him as the poster boy for the negative effect MLS has on the USMNT. He snubbed a call-up so JK rightly had nothing do with him. JK gets canned and practically the first thing they do is bring Nagbe back into the fold. He's a stiff.

Reaction Score
Not for the national team, he doesn't. But I also have to admit, I see him as the poster boy for the negative effect MLS has on the USMNT. He snubbed a call-up so JK rightly had nothing do with him. JK gets canned and practically the first thing they do is bring Nagbe back into the fold. He's a stiff.

I totally forgot about that. F Nagbe.

Reaction Score
Jonathan Klinnsman called in to replace injured Zach Steffen.

Reaction Score
Jonathan Klinnsman called in to replace injured Zach Steffen.

Klinnsman Jr, has talent; but, how is locker room presense? He made an arse of himself in the Klinnsman Sr. v. Landon Donovan Twitter fight. Regardless of one's view on Donovan, no Coach wants to see that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom