USMNT vs. Czech Republic Call Ups/Discussion | The Boneyard

USMNT vs. Czech Republic Call Ups/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is something I get excited about. Only one MLS call up (Rimando) the rest are Liga MX or Euro based and 24 and under.

One guy got called up directly from college (Stanford)

http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2014/08/28/13/15/140828-mnt-roster

GOALKEEPERS (3):Cody Cropper (Southampton), Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)
DEFENDERS (7): John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Timmy Chandler (Eintracht Frankfurt), Greg Garza (Club Tijuana), Fabian Johnson (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Michael Orozco (Puebla), Tim Ream (Bolton)
MIDFIELDERS (7): Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Mix Diskerud (Rosenborg), Julian Green (Bayern Munich), Emerson Hyndman (Fulham), Alfredo Morales (Ingolstadt), Brek Shea (Stoke City)
FORWARDS (5): Jozy Altidore (Sunderland), Joe Gyau (Borussia Dortmund II), Jordan Morris (Stanford), Rubio Rubin (Utrecht), Bobby Wood (1860 Munich)

Reaction Score
Excited to see some new blood getting tested. Love that the friendliest are occurring every few weeks/month or so over the next 2-3 months, against decent competition as well. I think we'll see a lot of friendliest on European soil in the run up to 2018, something that, IMO, we didn't do enough of in the past.

Reaction Score
Ditto, very excited to see some young blood on the pitch for USMNT. There will be a lot of holes to fill for 2018 and I look forward to a couple of these ‘kids’ stepping up.
I expect that the Ecuador game at the Rent will be a couple of vets on-hand for Donovan’s send-off and a lot of young blood from MLS rosters. Now, if I can just talk my wife into letting me go to that one especially as the Outlaws have $34 tickets.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Pretty decent, experienced Defenders. Pretty young midfield and forwards. Hope some of the new blood actually gets on the field. It's always interesting at the start of a new cycle with new faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom