USMNT coach search continues | The Boneyard

USMNT coach search continues

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Anyone that will give MLS the respect it deserves is fine by me.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This entire situation is a joke. The mess continues to grow, with no end in sight. Taylor Twellman had a great rant about it during our last friendly. This is why US soccer can't have nice things...

Reaction Score
This entire situation is a joke. The mess continues to grow, with no end in sight. Taylor Twellman had a great rant about it during our last friendly. This is why US soccer can't have nice things...

Completely agree. The delay is being caused by the neverending internal political war within US Soccer between the MLS and the International supporters. How about just do what is best for the USMNT?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't mind the wait, as long as we make the right (non MLS) choice. Not like we're playing meaningful games at the moment

Reaction Score
All this time just to hire an MLS stooge. Stewart sucks. The USSF sucks.

Reaction Score
I don't mind the wait, as long as we make the right (non MLS) choice. Not like we're playing meaningful games at the moment

We’re literally waiting because these guys want to finish their club seasons. This is MLS, not the EPL.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
But this is the perfect time to get a new coach in to look at the players, get to know the players, work with them, get them used to his system when games don't matter.

Reaction Score
This should have been done in August. If they are really waiting for the MLS season to end that is pathetic. If they do not want the job because they would have to leave their MLS job then they do not want the job.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Whatever manager tells Bradlely, Guzan and Trapp they won't play a minute is my choice

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Trying to read the tea leaves on how this may impact the USMNT coaching search.

U.S. Soccer CEO Flynn stepping down - sources
Don't think that will affect the coaching search, which I'm assuming has already been completed, just waiting for the MLS season to be over to announce.

Flynn worked with Gulati, and had a heart transplant recently. Probably looking like a good time to move on. Or Cordeiro wants someone different.

He made a lot of money for the USSF though.

Reaction Score
This coaching “search” has been a total sham. USSF/SUM basically are dictating who it will be. Stewart wasn’t even the one to interview Vermes this summer. Stewart is just a figurehead.

Reaction Score
Trying to read the tea leaves on how this may impact the USMNT coaching search.

U.S. Soccer CEO Flynn stepping down - sources

What is clear is that Tata Martino is not going to be the USMNT coach as it appears he will be leaving Atlanta to coach either Mexico (likely) or Argentina.

Atlanta United: Martino won't renew contract

OMG -- he won't leave MLS early to take over either Mexico or Argentina? Those associations must be in disarray to be talking to him and not just calling him names and telling him to prioritize.

LOL at the teen age girl drama on here. Stewart knew he was hiring an MLS coach -- and probably which one -- for a while. Everyone decided it could wait until the end of the MLS season. Would I have preferred it be filled more promptly -- yes (so long as Jesse Marsh wasn't being taken from NYRB), I would have preferred that. But the amount of drama over it is mind numbing. The new coach will have 3.5 years to get ready for the next world cup. Anyone who thinks an extra two months would be likely to make a material difference that far down the road is nuts.

Reaction Score
OMG -- he won't leave MLS early to take over either Mexico or Argentina? Those associations must be in disarray to be talking to him and not just calling him names and telling him to prioritize.

LOL at the teen age girl drama on here. Stewart knew he was hiring an MLS coach -- and probably which one -- for a while. Everyone decided it could wait until the end of the MLS season. Would I have preferred it be filled more promptly -- yes (so long as Jesse Marsh wasn't being taken from NYRB), I would have preferred that. But the amount of drama over it is mind numbing. The new coach will have 3.5 years to get ready for the next world cup. Anyone who thinks an extra two months would be likely to make a material difference that far down the road is nuts.

Dear BusinessBoring,

You’ll never miss a chance to apologize for mediocre businessmen.

Tell me again how Bruce Arena turned out? The dude is a glorified gym teacher and you said he was “a fine choice”.

Reaction Score

Yeah and apparently now the Mexican Soccer Federation is “the benchmark”.

So what you’re saying is that now being one of six Assistants at RB Leipzig is preferable to being RBNY HC or the USMNT HC.

This is mismanagement of the highest order.

Reaction Score
Dear BusinessBoring,

You’ll never miss a chance to apologize for mediocre businessmen.

Tell me again how Bruce Arena turned out? The dude is a glorified gym teacher and you said he was “a fine choice”.

It didn't work. And Arena deserves a material share of the blame.

Hiring KO didn't work either. That didn't make it a bad call when made. Sometimes you make good decisions based on the best available information and they don't work out. That's life.

Reaction Score
It didn't work. And Arena deserves a material share of the blame.

Hiring KO didn't work either. That didn't make it a bad call when made. Sometimes you make good decisions based on the best available information and they don't work out. That's life.

They interviewed one person. And the word on the street is that it is former Stewart teammate and the brother of US Soccer exec Jay Berhalter.

Below is the list of Greg Berhalter’s managerial achievements:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Taylor Twellman was throwing shade at Berhalter's candidacy during the telecast.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If it ends up being Berhalter, I'll start rooting for Mexico. Seriously.

Why wait one full year to hire a candidate that isn't even half the coach that Bob Bradley is. That's not an exaggeration. If it's Berhalter, we've literally gone back on 30 years of growth, and we've waited a year to do it... :confused:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom