USMNT coach search continues | Page 3 | The Boneyard

USMNT coach search continues

Reaction Score
Its been confirmed, oh joy, Coach Gregg has been named as the USMNT Manager. Its another MLS guy who has just enough international experience to be considered legit for a national team leader and a manager that MLS leadership is confident will not rock the boat. For all of Klinsmann's faults, telling MLS once in a while was not one of them. Mediocrity has arrived. I wonder if Pulisic's is seeing if he can switch back to Croatia.

What you need to know about new U.S. manager Gregg Berhalter

Reaction Score
Its been confirmed, oh joy, Coach Gregg has been named as the USMNT Manager. Its another MLS guy who has just enough international experience to be considered legit for a national team leader and a manager that MLS leadership is confident will not rock the boat. For all of Klinsmann's faults, telling MLS once in a while was not one of them. Mediocrity has arrived. I wonder if Pulisic's is seeing if he can switch back to Croatia.

What you need to know about new U.S. manager Gregg Berhalter

If they hired him 8 months ago I would think differently perhaps. I just don’t know why we had to wait 13 months to get a Berhalter.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If they hired him 8 months ago I would think differently perhaps. I just don’t know why we had to wait 13 months to get a Berhalter.
He's a good coach (decent coach), but he's not wait 13 months good.

If you're waiting 13 months, you gotta do better than this.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
There is only one way this ends well and that is the Herb Brooks model. A guy so in tune with the best way to play and the players available to him to make that system work.

What I fear is a continuation of shuffling players hoping to find enough talent at every position that just isn't there. We need an Iceland model of a team unit that includes 2-3 guys who can actually score goals at the international level.

I also fear a mix of MLS guys and guys riding the bench in Europe, because that is what we have now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom