OT - USMNT at Rent Oct 10th | The Boneyard

OT - USMNT at Rent Oct 10th

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The field looks so bad it's frightening. Take your facility out of the rotation bad.

I have never watched a football game from the Rent on TV but I'm pretty sure the crowd doesn't look like that.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Nor have I watched like you stated - and would probably agree - at least not since the RE days...

Reaction Score
Some less than happy fans on twitter...still trying to get into the parking lots and it's almost halftime, not much different than our opener this season, also a Friday night on a long holiday weekend. Traffic is/was brutal...

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Some less than happy fans on twitter...still trying to get into the parking lots and it's almost halftime, not much different than our opener this season, also a Friday night on a long holiday weekend. Traffic is/was brutal...
I suppose that's the one bonus of this year - no lines on the way out this year if you can stomach a whole game - or even most of it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Traffic was awful tonight. I went right by took me an hour to go what usually takes half.

Reaction Score
Nice to see the Rent full again. Adios Landycakes. Love the way this team plays right now. Once Landon got subbed we transitioned to a 4-3-3 high press. Love it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Nice to see the Rent full again. Adios Landycakes. Love the way this team plays right now. Once Landon got subbed we transitioned to a 4-3-3 high press. Love it.

Yeah that guy sucks. It occured to me earlier that the kind of USMNT fan who hates Donovan is the kind of UConn football fan who hates Edsall.

Not because they are similar really - but it's the kind of person who is obsessed with what someone is not rather than what they are.

I won't say I'm shocked you showed up to make an anti-Donovan comment. In fact I figured you'd give me the opportunity to make that point.

Reaction Score
Yeah that guy sucks. It occured to me earlier that the kind of USMNT fan who hates Donovan is the kind of UConn football fan who hates Edsall.

Not because they are similar really - but it's the kind of person who is obsessed with what someone is not rather than what they are.

I won't say I'm shocked you showed up to make an anti-Donovan comment. In fact I figured you'd give me the opportunity to make that point.

At least Edsall doesn't take sabbaticals. Donovan did good but he could have done so much more. He is soft and we needed steely eyed killers and he wasn't it, and by now there are a plethora of Americans with his skillset that don't get homesick and depressed when they are needed.

Reaction Score

And the Landycakes fanbase are the ones who are obsessed with what he was. It's not 2002 anymore, and Hoovering up goals in MLS where the defenses are as strong as a New Orleans levee isn't impressing anyone but Alexi Lalas.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And the Landycakes fanbase are the ones who are obsessed with what he was. It's not 2002 anymore, and Hoovering up goals in MLS where the defenses are as strong as a New Orleans levee isn't impressing anyone but Alexi Lalas.

Seriously the obsession is on your side. They give the guy a nice little
send off and you've got nothing else to do but knock him. But people say I'm negative? WTF.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
There was a 4+ car accident literally 20 yards from the Silver Lane exit off of 84 East that caused a full parking lot deal all the way to Farmington/West Hartford. I didn't get into the stadium until right before halftime.

Great atmosphere - for the 45 + 4 minutes that I was able to watch.

Reaction Score
Seriously the obsession is on your side. They give the guy a nice little
send off and you've got nothing else to do but knock him. But people say I'm negative? WTF.

Once he retires he dominate the rec league and have lots happy meals and slumber parties with his sister. He is such a puss.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why would anyone say that? Especially after your 1st two posts in this thread, LOL!

I guess pointing out that traffic was bad and the field looked like crap isn't being inherently negative in my mind. It's just pointing out reality.

Trying to make Landon Donovan out to be less of a player than he was seems negative to me.

Reaction Score
Some people sitting behind me were livid it took them them 5 and a half hours to get to East Hartford from NYC. Similarly, it took my buddies and I 7 of the longest hours of my life to get to Rutgers for the football game Friday Night of Columbus Day Weekend in 201o. Sh1+ happens
That is some really cringe worthy stuff wow.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I guess pointing out that traffic was bad and the field looked like crap isn't being inherently negative in my mind. It's just pointing out reality.

Trying to make Landon Donovan out to be less of a player than he was seems negative to me.

Hey, you have to be yourself. I think "so bad it's frightening" is an exaggeration, but that's just my opinion. But you don't think saying "Take your facility out of the rotation bad" is inherently negative?

Reaction Score
Need Equatorian fans at football games. They rock. Huge grills smoking after the match. Kababs everywhere.

Not best foot forward for a national event. Field, scoreboard issues, traffic was horrendous. Parking was very bad, at least for first timers. Got off the usual Rte 2 and nothing marked people driving in circles. Embarrassing. Not the usual football lots it seemed. $20 for parking. Had many say that they would never come for a UCONN football game .

Great time though. Place rocks. 36K+ announced.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
People in CT are the worst, I swear. The game was fantastic...don't leave your Farmington home at 645 and it was fine. Everyone bi@ching about traffic didn't make appropriate plans. I am so f tired of the complaining about the rent and traffic. STFU.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hey, you have to be yourself. I think "so bad it's frightening" is an exaggeration, but that's just my opinion. But you don't think saying "Take your facility out of the rotation bad" is inherently negative?

Maybe it is but the field looked like garbage and nobody wants to send international players into a situation where if they get hurt they have the field to blame. It looked pretty gd awful.

Reaction Score
Maybe it is but the field looked like garbage and nobody wants to send international players into a situation where if they get hurt they have the field to blame. It looked pretty gd awful.

I am in agreeance on this. Pitch looked baaaaad. Not fitting for the "occasion".

Reaction Score
Some people sitting behind me were livid it took them them 5 and a half hours to get to East Hartford from NYC. Similarly, it took my buddies and I 7 of the longest hours of my life to get to Rutgers for the football game Friday Night of Columbus Day Weekend in 201o. Sh1+ happens

That is some really cringe worthy stuff wow.

I am sure Landon will sign copies of Tiger Beat for you and Whaler.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I am sure Landon will sign copies of Tiger Beat for you and Whaler.

Thank God he hit the post. I'd hate to see how upset you'd be if he scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom