USJ Bluejays | The Boneyard

USJ Bluejays

Reaction Score
Has anyone been keeping up with Calhoun’s D3 team? I’ve watched a couple of their games and they seem pretty good for their first year as a D3 team?

Reaction Score
There is a lot of variance in DIII leagues/schedules. But they're looking pretty good right now. Their 6'9 big has been killing it.

Who was it that said DIII is like high school basketball? @Deepster ?

You're a fool

Reaction Score
I think it's hard to tell how good they are, their schedule is remarkably weak. I think they play like 3 games against teams that finished above .500 last year. I don't know if that was intentional, maybe JC had a lot of pull to get that setup for the first year.

I think Albertus Magnus won their division last year pretty easily (15-1) and they play them at the end of the season. So between now and then, they might rack up a pretty good record but we won't know how for real it is until the last month of their season when they play like 2-3 decent teams.

Reaction Score
Calhoun is gunna rack up many wins in D3. Will easily get the 900 win total after 2 seasons. Total wins stands at 873 (not including this season).

I think he's only stay at St. Joe's for 1 year.

Reaction Score
Love Calhoun and what he did for UCONN but I have less than 0 interest in the Blue Jays. I guess these D3 wins count on his total but a win here is not quite the same level.

Reaction Score
They have a lot of talent with several scholarship level players. Also, they aren't playing the top New England D3 teams. But they could compete with all of them although they have much less experience. If they make the D3 NCAA tournament it will be really interesting to see them against some of the best teams.

Reaction Score
They have a lot of talent with several scholarship level players. Also, they aren't playing the top New England D3 teams. But they could compete with all of them although they have much less experience. If they make the D3 NCAA tournament it will be really interesting to see them against some of the best teams.

I suspect theyll move up when these guys become upper classmen. Theyll be nasty

Reaction Score
There is a lot of variance in DIII leagues/schedules. But they're looking pretty good right now. Their 6'9 big has been killing it.

Who was it that said DIII is like high school basketball? @Deepster ?

You're a fool

You couldn’t get me to a St Joes game if a hundred dollar bill was taped under my seat.

I’ve said it before. I have met Jim Calhoun a number of times. I had a conversation with him how our dad’s died the same way when we were the same age. I’ve had him in my car for a 20 minute ride.

I still wouldn’t sit there watching him yell at basically an intramural team. If that is how you wish to spend your time? Have at it, bro.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
You couldn’t get me to a St Joes game if a hundred dollar bill was taped under my seat.

I’ve said it before. I have met Jim Calhoun a number of times. I had a conversation with him how our dad’s died the same way when we were the same age. I’ve had him in my car for a 20 minute ride.

I still wouldn’t sit there watching him yell at basically an intramural team. If that is how you wish to spend your time? Have at it, bro.
There's still the jazz band and the flying cheerleaders............or is there?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Love Calhoun and what he did for UCONN but I have less than 0 interest in the Blue Jays. I guess these D3 wins count on his total but a win here is not quite the same level.

What's less than 0 interest?

Reaction Score

Curious why you watch uconn basketball then? Compared to the Celtics they’re basically an intramural team.

Reaction Score

there’s no way you wouldn’t take up a basketball game and $100

Reaction Score

Attachments

• JC.jpg
    JC.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 22
Reaction Score
I suspect theyll move up when these guys become upper classmen. Theyll be nasty

They will be but my guess is that some of the better players will be working with Calhoun to transfer to D1 schools. I imagine that was part of the pitch to a few of the borderline scholarship level players. "Come here for two years and I can get you a D1 scholarship"

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Curious why you watch uconn basketball then? Compared to the Celtics they’re basically an intramural team.

What a dumb post.

I don't know. To see talent like Ray Allen or Kemba Walker? To see UConn play Duke in a Final Four? To go to the Big East Tourney for 4 days and watch them win another title? To go to Gampel for a Big Monday on ESPN? To see Calhoun outcouch Tom Izzo or Jim Boeheim? Just a few?

Reaction Score
What a dumb post.

I don't know. To see talent like Ray Allen or Kemba Walker? To see UConn play Duke in a Final Four? To go to the Big East Tourney for 4 days and watch them win another title? To go to Gampel for a Big Monday on ESPN? To see Calhoun outcouch Tom Izzo or Jim Boeheim? Just a few?

But it’s obviously worse basketball than the NBA. Just like D3 is worse than D1. Actually some D3 teams stay competitive with D1 teams which can’t be said of a hypothetical matchup between the NBA and D1. That was your point right? Comparatively speaking the difference between D3 and D1 is smaller than D1 in D3. If you’re so against inferior products why waste your time on college basketball at all?

Reaction Score
But it’s obviously worse basketball than the NBA. Just like D3 is worse than D1. Actually some D3 teams stay competitive with D1 teams which can’t be said of a hypothetical matchup between the NBA and D1. That was your point right? Comparatively speaking the difference between D3 and D1 is smaller than D1 in D3. If you’re so against inferior products why waste your time on college basketball at all?

Deepster is not aware of the level d3 ball is played at in new england. But your argument makes no sense at all. Not

Reaction Score
Deepster is not aware of the level d3 ball is played at in new england. But your argument makes no sense at all. Not

Have you gone to a St Joes game yet?

Reaction Score
D3 gyms are kind of depressing. Wesleyan's gym is alright, I suppose. D3 rinks and outdoor facilities are way more fun.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom