USF | The Boneyard

USF

Reaction Score
Enough time for a game winning TD drive. Screwed up with the 3rd and 10 and everything else after that.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Lucky.. should’ve won by 2 TD’s

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The better team played down to the level of their opponet like most of Charlie Strongs teams and why he will always under achieve

Reaction Score
But a win is a win, go AAC!

sad thing is in the old BE Days, even with UConn playing in a bowl we would cheer hard for WVU, UL, Pitt to kick ass in bowl games. Now we don't give a (or whatever the computer lets thru).

New college FB 2017 - Regional interest, conference allegience completely lost, thanks ESPN.

ps Never have experienced anything that I loved so much turn to snow. Yes free agency tempered my feelings to MLBB but this college situation is 50 times worse than that. So ESPN, in 7-10 years all will know if you have scalitoed the golden cow, I think yes (and hope your stock is pounded to Bear Stearns levels).

Last edited:
Reaction Score

sad thing is in the old BE Days, even with UConn playing in a bowl we would cheer hard for WVU, UL, Pitt to kick ass in bowl games. Now we don't give a (or whatever the computer lets thru).

New college FB 2017 - Regional interest, conference allegience completely lost, thanks ESPN.

ps Never have experienced anything that I loved so much turn to snow. Yes free agency tempered my feelings to MLBB but this college situation is 50 times worse than that. So ESPN, in 7-10 years all will know if you have scalitoed the golden cow, I think yes (and hope your stock is pounded to Bear Stearns levels).
You realize there is no ESPN stock? Ever heard of Disney?

Reaction Score
You realize there is no ESPN stock? Ever heard of Disney?

Undoubtedly. All Eisner an do is raise ticker prices and exert monopolistic control, where he can. A good business strategy, but so self serving and not long term oriented. But in this economy his monopolistic control is amazing. Payoffs must be huge.

Think Russian oligopolists and what has/is happening. Strange that its happening in the so called free capitalist society called America.

Sorry to get off on a maybe political tangent. I just have done business with hitters who want a market free of any control so that they can make the rules and destroy anyone with their large bankroll.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Undoubtedly. All Eisner an do is raise ticker prices and exert monopolistic control, where he can. A good business strategy, but so self serving and not long term oriented. But in this economy his monopolistic control is amazing. Payoffs must be huge.

Think Russian oligopolists and what has/is happening. Strange that its happening in the so called free capitalist society called America.

Sorry to get off on a maybe political tangent. I just have done business with hitters who want a market free of any control so that they can make the rules and destroy anyone with their large bankroll.
This is what we are taught as business students. Mergers, buyouts, etc. It's been a long-going trend. Nothing new.

It's a brave new world...

Reaction Score
This is what we are taught as business students. Mergers, buyouts, etc. It's been a long-going trend. Nothing new.

It's a brave new world...

Maybe for you, at Stern in the early 80's it was all out warfare but the regulator or Central Banks always had an interest. These days its more like the pre- depression era and Trusts being formed to control industries (oil, railroads, etc), so I guess I just have to look further back in history, although I thought that legislated was passed to prevent that from happening again - guess gov can't understand new industries. So good point, my bad on being stubborn.

Reaction Score

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching all the AAC bowl games thus far. Will be watching Houston Fresno tonight. Looking forward To Navy - VA, Memphis-Iowa State and the Peach Bowl, UCF - Auburn. It's been enjoyable watching the conference come together over the past 5 years. Now UCONN, that's another story. Rather than wait for them to be even respectable, I've decided to become a dual UCONN - UCF/USF fan since I am moving towards eventually becoming a Florida resident. This year UCF, Miami and USF are all three better than Florida and Florida State,

Kind of how the Pats are my New England team even though I am a Giants fan. When push comes to shove I am rooting for UCONN but nice to follow winners for a change. I like many fans am getting tired of watching bad football and patience is wearing thin!

Reaction Score
Disney is spending $52B on a huge pile of Fox assets. I’m sure the board is spending the rest of their free time worrying about how to screw uconn.

Reaction Score
I live in Florida. UConn won’t leave your blood and you won’t ever care about UCF/USF. Wishful thinking my friend. You can’t escape the pain, you can only hope to contain it. Bottom line is you are what you are, a UConn fan.

Besides, when given the option to become a fan of a Florida school, why would you choose one that will always let you down. Choose UF or FSU so you can have some joy more than once every 10 years.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

The reason I don't cheer for any conference team to win their bowl game is because I don't want any team to get a leg up on the next round of CR. I know that CR is likely not happening until mid 2020's but it's the biggest reason I don't cheer for any other team than UConn. I used to cheer for BE teams but CR has made it become a every school for themselves type of fight.

Reaction Score
The reason I don't cheer for any conference team to win their bowl game is because I don't want any team to get a leg up on the next round of CR. I know that CR is likely not happening until mid 2020's but it's the biggest reason I don't cheer for any other team than UConn. I used to cheer for BE teams but CR has made it become a every school for themselves type of fight.
With UConn Basketball in free fall under KO's incompetence, the special asset we have in any CR is quickly vanishing. At this point, UConn athletics is close to a 4 alarm fire. Hopefully, RE can get Football moving in the right direction in the next few years. men's hoops is a complete tear down and rebuild with a new coach.

Reaction Score

Eisner has been gone for 10? Years. But keep going, you’re on fire.

Reaction Score
I live in Florida. UConn won’t leave your blood and you won’t ever care about UCF/USF. Wishful thinking my friend. You can’t escape the pain, you can only hope to contain it. Bottom line is you are what you are, a UConn fan.

Besides, when given the option to become a fan of a Florida school, why would you choose one that will always let you down. Choose UF or FSU so you can have some joy more than once every 10 years.

I know I am in the minority but I have become a fan of the American and enjoy the style of play. If an American game is on, I usually watch it over a P5 game unless it's something like rivalry week. I bleed blue but could see myself going to UCF or USF games while in Florida. Both teams are better than FSU and Florida this year and they're good more than once a decade. If either team played UcONN I would always root for UCONN.UCONN and the American have both always been underdogs which is why I enjoy the conference so much.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom