USF, trailed Stoney Brook at half, won 31-17 | The Boneyard

USF, trailed Stoney Brook at half, won 31-17

Reaction Score
This review of the game sounds familiar.

..that was a terrible effort from (team) today, at least on offense. The blocking was bad, (player) was bad, by his standards, the runners were bad, and the play-calling was pretty bad as well.

At least (team) didn’t lose. That would have been a fiasco. This is merely a problem.

See ya next week end.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If we can block then we can score some points.

They will likely be able to score at will if they don't make mistakes.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
The OP sums up our game with SB correctly

I anticipate another close contest, similar to what took place with Edsall at your helm in those prior years.

I have just one question.

How good is your current FG kicker? :eek:

Reaction Score
They now have 2 games under their belts. So far, their motto seems to be start sliw finish strong. Here's hoping we can get them to start slow again, then we hold on for the W in the end...

Reaction Score
We have a decent shot here. First 2 games have both been sluggish for USF until they found their groove - if they continue to struggle and we're on our game (like we were when BS came in) we can pull off the W. I expect both teams to be well-focused for this one.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Could it be that once again, the pundits have overrated a team?

We may have a decent chance.

Reaction Score
The OP sums up our game with SB correctly

I anticipate another close contest, similar to what took place with Edsall at your helm in those prior years.

I have just one question.

How good is your current FG kicker? :eek:

Not really sure yet - our kicker graduated after last year so our new starter (Michael Tarbutt) is still wet behind the ears. No FG attempts vs Holy Cross and made 3/4 PATs.

Reaction Score
Stapleton, Santana and Britton have to play out of their minds for us to have a chance against USF. Honestly, with what would likely have been our three starting LBs either out or slowed it's hard to see how this breaks our way. Couple that with a fair amount of youth in the defensive backfield and we could really have some challenges slowing them down. I have to say I thought the tackling against HC was pretty good, but to my eye there were lots of guys out of position.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
USF is a long shot for us, but I'm hopeful to see improvement and adjustments. In other words, I will be content to see that our coaching staff is neither clueless nor incompetent. If we get a win, I will begin to fan the flames around the tiny ember of hope that we can be bowl bound this year.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
USF is a long shot for us, but I'm hopeful to see improvement and adjustments. In other words, I will be content to see that our coaching staff is neither clueless nor incompetent. If we get a win, I will begin to fan the flames around the tiny ember of hope that we can be bowl bound this year.

It will be interesting to see the Vegas line for our game.

Last year you could have made a bundle betting on USF.

This year, thus far, the opposite is true.

Sports Betting News and Vegas Odds

We have poll on our game.

Currently 55% think USF wins in a "close" game.

What happens @ Uconn?

Reaction Score
Our defense will sort things out assignment wise as the season progresses. Same deal with our OL. Our progress on those 2 variables will dictate whether we can be competitive or not. This assumes our OC has figured out the roles of our skill players and has maybe noticed that we still have quality tight ends that barely got a look last week. But I could be wrong on the latter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom