USF tourney ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

USF tourney ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. The first few minutes, we had so many totally missed assignments on both ends, it was like these guys just met each other for the first time and thought this was a pickup game.
  2. Who predicted Terrance Myth would get our first 7 points?
  3. 14 minute mark in the first, more turnovers than buckets, Carlton on the bench with 2 fouls, and we can't seem to defend anything they do. I'm screaming at the screen. Adams hits a 3, and suddenly, I'm calm and confident for no rational reason.
  4. Whalley? Whalley! It may have been coincidence, but the big run happened with Whalley on the floor.
  5. Vital's first foul was apparently for laying on the floor.
  6. And there is is. The imaginary travel at the start of the drive. My biggest pet peeve.
  7. Polley's 3, no 2, no 3. If the announcers ever mentioned that it was reviewed and credited, I sure didn't catch it. According to the box score the only 2 buckets he made were 3s, so obviously, they did correct it. But the commentators are supposed to be on top of the stuff, dammit.
  8. USF goes Zone with 10:20 left, and Vital's eyes light up. He immediately drains a three. USF loses the zone.
  9. Whalley's last foul was complete bull. But damn, where has he been all season? This was even better than the Whalley we saw last year. Eleven minutes. 5 fouls. But they were 11 damned good minutes, with 8 points, 4 boards and a steal.
  10. Our foul shooting hurt, but if you take Smith & Cobb out, we're 15 of 19.
  11. I really can't complain about anybody, 'cept Tarin for those late misses from the line that gave hope to the Bulls.
  12. Oh yeah, and the refs. They were consistently awful in both directions, but seemed like more so towards us.
  13. Not sure there will be any ThoughtZ™ tomorrow. I will be on an airplane, and with lots of family stuff in store at the other end of that flight, I might not be able to get any "me time". But on a positive note, the last time I missed the league tourney, was 2004.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Fully agree with #6. Hate hate hate that call and it happens all the time. Never seen that called in the NBA

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I said this after our last game against them but USF is not even a basketball team.

It has to be incredibly frustrating playing against those guys. They foul on EVERY rebound but for the it appears the refs give them the benefit of the doubt because they are “physical.” When they actually DO get called for a foul they lose their minds. OBNOXIOUS.

At the end of the game, Yetna hipchecks CV out of bounds and gets called for a pretty obvious foul and goes ballistic. Even when they were TRYING to foul they would whine about it.

Twice CV gets hammered and it was a “jump ball.” So dumb

Reaction Score

Here’s a guide how to NOT shoot a basketball.

I think most of his problems could be minor if he just shot on the way up instead of down. Other than those I would rank his problems as

Get his hand under the middle of the ball
Spread his fingers
Ugly anterior pelvic tilt
Shooting a little bit lonzo style crossing over his face... but not too bad.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I think most of his problems could be minor if he just shot on the way up instead of down. Other than those I would rank his problems as

Get his hand under the middle of the ball
Spread his fingers
Ugly anterior pelvic tilt
Shooting a little bit lonzo style crossing over his face... but not too bad.
Just looking at his hand on the ball... it’s scary

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
How have several division 1 guards never learned how to properly shoot a basketball?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom