USF' Rader -anyone else notice? | The Boneyard

USF' Rader -anyone else notice?

Reaction Score
Watching the last two USF games in person, I noticed Alyssa Rader throw sharp elbows under her basket with the ball before going up for the shot. This happened 3 times. She was called for a simple offensive the first game against ECU but the 2 in the UCF were no-calls.

Did anyone else see these? This seems to be quite dangerous and inappropriate play - shouldn't this be more than a simple foul?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Watching the last two USF games in person, I noticed Alyssa Rader throw sharp elbows under her basket with the ball before going up for the shot. This happened 3 times. She was called for a simple offensive the first game against ECU but the 2 in the UCF were no-calls.

Did anyone else see these? This seems to be quite dangerous and inappropriate play - shouldn't this be more than a simple foul?
In all her games this year, she's a linebacker playing WCBB. Not a big fan of hers, though, at least she's an American who plays minutes for Jose, she must speak Spanish though coming from Arizona.....:rolleyes:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Why don't they just send in Kyla with the instructions to take the person out with a real serious foul to the mounth. Pay the price early in the game with a technical and then beat the crap out of USF.
Now you're talking the Knicks of the 80's. One of the teams responsible for the flagrant foul rule. For Knick fans the good old days. For the rest of basketball a literal black eye. There's no going back, and no one wants to.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Why don't they just send in Kyla with the instructions to take the person out with a real serious foul to the mounth. Pay the price early in the game with a technical and then beat the crap out of USF.
Sounds like the Detroit Piston Bad Boys

Mister2

Looking for Mister1
Reaction Score
If Z starts, I am very interested in seeing how she handles Rader's physical "play" as Jose will probably have Rader defending Z.

Jose will use Rader to beat up KLS. Just hoping KLS would come through unscathed for the big dance.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Radar may throw elbows but she can't keep up with UConn's speed or quickness. We start the running game, and we will, Radar will be sucking wind in 5 minutes of game time. If Gabby starts, Gabby will blow by her to the hoop. If its Z, too many moves for Radar to keep up with. I see Radar getting in foul trouble early. Henshaw is a better option for USF against us.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Jose will use Rader to beat up KLS. Just hoping KLS would come through unscathed for the big dance.
I don't think Rader can keep up with Lou's mobility on offense.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
She sort of does that anyway without the instructions...:D

Reaction Score
She sort of does that anyway without the instructions...:D
She cannot keep up with any of the players. Her only hope is to get them standing still. She has a decent touch if the gets the ball with no one else around her, but I've yet so see any wonderful offense from her except for layups. Layups she can make. She may be, as they say, a work in progress.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom