USF On Campus Football Stadium Study: "Go Big Or Go Home" | The Boneyard

USF On Campus Football Stadium Study: "Go Big Or Go Home"

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
USF football stadium study: 'Go big or go home'

The University of South Florida could have a new football stadium open on-campus by 2022 but it shouldn't, according to the draft report of a feasibility study just completed by outside consultants.

The report, drafted by Convention, Sports, and Leisure International (CSL International) and obtained Monday by 10Investigates through a public records request, suggests USF should prioritize fundraising and planning for its new $40 million Football Center before embarking on the much larger task of funding a new stadium.

Alumni and students have fantasized about the possibility of a new on-campus football stadium for years. But the study reported USF fans opposed the kind of stadium the university could afford right now, likely a facility in the $120 million range, similar in quality to the stadium at FAU.

The report completely dismissed a stadium similar to UCF's, which USF fans likened to "a high school stadium."

Instead, the study suggested the Bulls remain at Raymond James Stadium until they had additional revenues to fund a state-of-the-art, 35,000-seat stadium with multiple premium-seating options, akin to Colorado State's $240 million football stadium.

Savage comment about UCF

Reaction Score
Same thing could be said for the Rent. You could definitely find HS stadiums that are nicer.

Reaction Score
I like the Rent. It’s nice, fan friendly and easy to get to get around. (and find a beer or a snack fast and get back to your seat)

I have no qualms about it, my point is just that it's bare bones. Nothing flashy, likely similar to UCF's stadium (from looking at pics at least).

Reaction Score
I have no qualms about it, my point is just that it's bare bones. Nothing flashy, likely similar to UCF's stadium (from looking at pics at least).
UCF's stadium is literally made of tin. The Rent at least has concrete

Reaction Score
UCFs stadium is a grand illusion. It's like aluminum foil bleachers and cut corners. It really is a high school style stadium.

This is FL and there is no logic. Every municipality is drunk with money as every Boomers just throws money at subpar 500k homes on like 1/10 an acre.

Loser Ray's need a staduim. Sure! Build the braves a complex in no where North Port? No problem!

It would shut down .I75 for 5 hours. But this is FL so they will double down an probably build one of those avengers floating air craft carriers and put a stadium on that and hover it above campus.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
USF Stadium Market and Feasibility Study

Interesting read. Boatload of data. Some AAC Conference "Peer" Comparisons starting on pg 42 (Check out Athletic Donation data on page 49/50 and Ticket/Donor/Premium pricing comparisons starting on pg 65).

I can only hope that they build a $420 million dollar stadium based on that ridiculous survey.

Would you spend $800 a ticket to sit in the second level at the 35? Sure - $133 face value for Temple and SMU? Practically giving them away.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 could have at least taken Temple and UConn based on market data.

Then add UCF, USF, Cincinnati and one more school when it comes time for 16.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
UCF takes pride in the fact that the stadium bounces and sways when the crowd gets going. For some reason.

Reaction Score
UCF takes pride in the fact that the stadium bounces and sways when the crowd gets going. For some reason.
Gotta feel better about it somehow. It'll probably get renovated down the road.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Gotta feel better about it somehow. It'll probably get renovated down the road.

Multiple articles were linked on here last year showing the construction of the stadium was shoddy with concrete and rust already degrading it. I also seem to remember parts of the stadium being blocked off for safety. They are going with a piece by piece re-do of the stadium.

UCF stadium has failing areas, report shows; some fixed, school says

According to the report, which was contracted by the university and completed in August,Spectrum Stadium’s rust problems have affected the structural integrity of the 45,000-seat venue at the university’s main campus in east Orange County, Corrosion affects more than 80,000 square feet of the stadium, it said — four stairways had heavily rusted supports and a potential for “significant section loss” at the time, the TLC Engineering report found. Areas of the stadium’s fireproofing were cracked, corroded and graded “failing.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom