OT: USF lands series with Bama | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: USF lands series with Bama

Reaction Score
True - And Oklahoma in 2025 and Penn St in 2026. Impressive.

Is anyone doing anything in the AD's office or are we just sitting on our hands permanently?

Future Temple Football Schedules | FBSchedules.com

And that drive from Storrs to Gillette - not exactly fun.

Wonder how Pitt is doing with its NFL stadium magic.

Future Pitt Football Schedules | FBSchedules.com <--not as good...Wisconsin, ND, Tennessee and WVU...

Pitt is scheduling about a P5 in OOC every year...with Penn State next season and Notre Dame, Wisconsin, WVU, and Tennessee are pretty tough future H&H's...and add in the H&H with Cincinnati.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The stadium alone won’t get you the game. It just makes it possible. Being in a dead recruiting area kills scheduling.

Yeah - that's apparent...however Michigan loves to plunder New England football talent. Michigan can empty out the NE prep schools to fill three sections alone. Michigan has been here before. Michigan has a large alumni base in NYC/Boston/NE. Michigan has a Rockstar that owes us a hook up. And its not like we can't give other stuff of some value like some MBB, WBB, games too.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah - that's apparent...however Michigan loves to plunder New England football talent. Michigan can empty out the NE prep schools to fill three sections alone. Michigan has been here before. Michigan has a large alumni base in NYC/Boston/NE. Michigan has a Rockstar that owes us a hook up. And its not like we can't give other stuff of some value like some MBB, WBB, games too.

it doesnt seem like the fact the prep schools are physically in connecticut matters.

its not just they dont want to come here. michigan doesnt want us to go there twice.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
it doesnt seem like the fact the prep schools are physically in connecticut matters.

its not just they dont want to come here. michigan doesnt want us to go there twice.

Okay, let me brake it down. First, I was being facetious about the prep school bit and the tickets. That part was a joke. I thought that was obvious...but okay. <--edit - Looking back I can see how my post didn't project facetious

Second, I am somewhat serious about the alumni base part, but if they wanted to hit the NE alumni then the serious answer is that a visit to BC could serve that mission much better. Our case to serve Michigan alumni is second to BC and middling in general.

Third, I am serious about tapping into Warde. Its worth a shot. Could be a very short conversation or maybe not. Football drives the bus, but maybe - just maybe offering MBB and WBB, hockey and BB into too helps. I see literally no other top 20 programs I would dare to even call and suggest a 1 and 1 outside of Michigan.

Fourth, no top 40 program is going to schedule us for a 2 for 1 unless its a old BE rival like Syracuse, BC, Rutty, etc. No one wants to subject their fans to our faces twice in a 10 year period....not until we are playing like a top 70 program for an extended period of time.

Fifth, the reality is one off games with programs like Clemson or a series with a MAC school is what we can actually expect.

Reaction Score
The negativity here is incredible. We are a terrible P5 equivalent. We’ve got to sell that you get credit for playing a tier 1 team while enjoying the advantage of playing a team that ranks below 50 other IAA squads. Freebies include racking up historical yardage which boosts your Hiesman candidate’s numbers. Such a deal. Seriously, I wonder what the hell our AD is doing. The appears brain dead.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Okay, let me brake it down. First, I was being facetious about the prep school bit and the tickets. That part was a joke. I thought that was obvious...but okay. <--edit - Looking back I can see how my post didn't project facetious

Second, I am somewhat serious about the alumni base part, but if they wanted to hit the NE alumni then the serious answer is that a visit to BC could serve that mission much better. Our case to serve Michigan alumni is second to BC and middling in general.

Third, I am serious about tapping into Warde. Its worth a shot. Could be a very short conversation or maybe not. Football drives the bus, but maybe - just maybe offering MBB and WBB, hockey and BB into too helps. I see literally no other top 20 programs I would dare to even call and suggest a 1 and 1 outside of Michigan.

Fourth, no top 40 program is going to schedule us for a 2 for 1 unless its a old BE rival like Syracuse, BC, Rutty, etc. No one wants to subject their fans to our faces twice in a 10 year period....not until we are playing like a top 70 program for an extended period of time.

Fifth, the reality is one off games with programs like Clemson or a series with a MAC school is what we can actually expect.

i knew you were being sarcastic. i was just commenting that the prep schools being here don’t seem to matter with respect to how the area’s recruiting is viewed.

Reaction Score
And its not like we can't give other stuff of some value like some MBB, WBB, games too.

I am sorry but UConn MBB would not have any impact on Michigan Football Scheduling. UConn WBB would have substantially less impact on Michigan Football Scheduling. It is a joke to even consider it could have any impact.

Reaction Score
It's amazing that we even got Michigan to play at the rent in 2013.

Sadly it seems like that will be the last big time opponent to play at the rent barring some conference realignment miracle.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I am sorry but UConn MBB would not have any impact on Michigan Football Scheduling. UConn WBB would have substantially less impact on Michigan Football Scheduling. It is a joke to even consider it could have any impact.

I’m sorry but it’s a joke that you don’t seem to be aware of Michigan’s hosting history.

Michigan football hosted SMU in 2018, Cincinnati in 2017, HAWAII & Colorado & UCF in 2016, OREGON St and UNLV in 2015, Utah & App St in 2014, UMass and Air Force in 2012, Sand Diego St in 2011, UMass and UConn in 2010.

I’m not sure what those programs off as extra benefits on the grand old master plan (I ignored all the local MAC schools they played). Clearly several of these teams offered very limited “extra benefits,” they were just a body to beat up on.

You don’t get anywhere in this world without trying. I’d liked to hear which top program you think UConn could possibly approach for a game. If you are paying any attention you would see MOST programs in the American are stepping out to challenge themselves against top tier programs. Sorry BC doesn’t count as top tier.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
i knew you were being sarcastic. i was just commenting that the prep schools being here don’t seem to matter with respect to how the area’s recruiting is viewed.
Well - CT recruiting seems to be slightly up over the past 15 years and it’s all attributable to the prep programs... but yeah - it’s still small potatoes compared to the big football states.

Reaction Score
USF vs BAMA? Wow! Talk about AAC rising!

Man, I am so psyched for our home opener!
(Barf)

Reaction Score
BC has future H&H's with:

... Kansas, Rutgers, Missouri, Michigan State, Ohio State, Stanford, UConn...and a one off with Purdue.

Will play@ Temple

And, of course, seven games with Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
Beating BC would be a good...I think they have more cache than Illinois or Indiana on the UConn future schedule.

Clemson may be a little ambitious early in a program rebuild and NC State will be a tough win.

Reaction Score
I’m sorry but it’s a joke that you don’t seem to be aware of Michigan’s hosting history.

Michigan football hosted SMU in 2018, Cincinnati in 2017, HAWAII & Colorado & UCF in 2016, OREGON St and UNLV in 2015, Utah & App St in 2014, UMass and Air Force in 2012, Sand Diego St in 2011, UMass and UConn in 2010.

I’m not sure what those programs off as extra benefits on the grand old master plan (I ignored all the local MAC schools they played). Clearly several of these teams offered very limited “extra benefits,” they were just a body to beat up on.

You don’t get anywhere in this world without trying. I’d liked to hear which top program you think UConn could possibly approach for a game. If you are paying any attention you would see MOST programs in the American are stepping out to challenge themselves against top tier programs. Sorry BC doesn’t count as top tier.

I am aware of Michigan's hosting history. It has nothing to do with my point. My point is that UConn MBB promising to play a game at Michigan will have no effect on whether Michigan will play a football game against UConn. The UConn WBB promising to play a game has even less impact on their decision. It is a joke that people think Michigan or any major football program is going to say "Wow if we give UConn a home and home for football we can have the UConn Woman's Hoops team play a game here. Let's schedule the home and home."

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I am aware of Michigan's hosting history. It has nothing to do with my point. My point is that UConn MBB promising to play a game at Michigan will have no effect on whether Michigan will play a football game against UConn. The UConn WBB promising to play a game has even less impact on their decision. It is a joke that people think Michigan or any major football program is going to say "Wow if we give UConn a home and home for football we can have the UConn Woman's Hoops team play a game here. Let's schedule the home and home."
You have to start somewhere you dope. If you think conversations about scheduling don’t include broader context you are nuts. It doesn’t mean it always works, but it’s a conversation. You offer what you can. Everyone calls with a pitch, that’s our pitch. I don’t think we are offering gold, just offering something. Something is better than nothing.

Other programs in the AAC are really stepping up their scheduling. It seems we should consider doing the same. Playing BC isn’t enough.

Reaction Score
You have to start somewhere you dope. If you think conversations about scheduling don’t include broader context you are nuts. It doesn’t mean it always works, but it’s a conversation. You offer what you can. Everyone calls with a pitch, that’s our pitch. I don’t think we are offering gold, just offering something. Something is better than nothing.

Other programs in the AAC are really stepping up their scheduling. It seems we should consider doing the same. Playing BC isn’t enough.

You are far better off with Warde you owe us one than you are with a WBB Game! Unless you are looking to make people laugh!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You are far better off with Warde you owe us one than you are with a WBB Game! Unless you are looking to make people laugh!

You know whats a laugh; since 1999, UConn has 18 NCAA Championships while Michigan has 7.

UConn MBB: 4
UConn MSoccer: 1
UConn WBB: 10
UConn WField Hockey: 3

Michigan MGymnastics: 4
Michigan MSwimming: 1
Michigan WField Hockey: 1
Michigan WSoftball: 1

And for fun, let's review BC:

BC MHockey: 4
End of List.

It would be mismanagement not to explore possible scheduling arrangements for sports outside of football. Our ties are superior to the majority of what other non conference schools could offer. Especially when the UM football program is trying to strategize over which lower level FBC program it wants as a cupcake. Pick the program that does something more for your athletics than provide a win. We are a cupcake with some interesting non football benefits.

Reaction Score
Especially when the UM football program is trying to strategize over which lower level FBC program it wants as a cupcake. Pick the program that does something more for your athletics than provide a win.
Michigan Football does not have to worry what else someone can offer. They select who they want and maybe negotiate the price they will pay for the visit. People are hoping and praying that Michigan calls them! WBB DOES NOT MATTER! Never has, never will!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Michigan Football does not have to worry what else someone can offer. They select who they want and maybe negotiate the price they will pay for the visit. People are hoping and praying that Michigan calls them! WBB DOES NOT MATTER! Never has, never will!

I see brokering is not your thing. I'm not sure why you are being so dense about this. Its sprinkles on the cupcake. Sure, they can decline the sprinkles, but you offer the sprinkles. Ever put a deal together?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I see brokering is not your thing. I'm not sure why you are being so dense about this. Its sprinklers on the cupcake.

I never thought of putting a sprinkler on a cupcake!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom