OT: USF lands series with Bama | The Boneyard

OT: USF lands series with Bama

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think the Rockstar owes us. He owes us a two game series - home and away. He wouldn’t be at Michigan without using us as a stepping stone.

I think Michigan is about the only top 15 program I would ever imagine might be willing to visit us in East Hartford. Tie it in with a basketball series and baseball series too.... hockey too boot.

And I shouldn’t say “willing” - but I don’t think Michigan hangs up during the call like most other programs would.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I think the Rockstar owes us. He owes us a two game series - home and away. He wouldn’t be at Michigan without using us as a stepping stone.

I think Michigan is about the only top 15 program I would ever imagine might be willing to visit us in East Hartford. Tie it in worry a basketball series and baseball series too.... hockey too boot.

And I shouldn’t say “willing” - but I don’t think Michigan hangs up during the call like most other programs would.

Reaction Score
Read a back & forth in Orlando & Tampa papers

USF in a NFL stadium has a totally different dynamic than UCF. A Alabama will sell out 65,000 tickets. Probably 30-40,000 Bam. Their biggest game by 20,000. They can premium price. And then 2 to Tuscaloosa. UCF needs the 7 home games to balance the numbers.

Aim high. But differing structure

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The CT CDA railroaded us when it blocked our Notre Dame 10-game series. Absolutely horrendous decision then and even more so now. Thankfully, the CDA doesn't have jurisdiction to block USF/Bama. Good for USF for landing the most coveted team...hopefully they will be competitive in these games.

Reaction Score
Good for USF to step up and schedule this. Win or lose it will help in both recruiting and exposure for their program. Bama on the other hand is probably relishing the opportunity to play in front of what will be a stadium filled with high end Florida Recruits. Pretty much win win.

Reaction Score
Miami is really scheduling some OOC games way out into the future

...USF (2-1).., home and homes with USC, Miami, Texas,, WVU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma

One and dones with Duke, Southern Miss, Utah State.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We need to get in on this. Michigan (all sports, 2-1 football, played at Giants Stadium or Gillette), Penn State, get it done.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Read a back & forth in Orlando & Tampa papers

USF in a NFL stadium has a totally different dynamic than UCF. A Alabama will sell out 65,000 tickets. Probably 30-40,000 Bam. Their biggest game by 20,000. They can premium price. And then 2 to Tuscaloosa. UCF needs the 7 home games to balance the numbers.

Aim high. But differing structure

exactly. usf can get this game because they play in an NFL stadium.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
exactly. usf can get this game because they play in an NFL stadium.

Does this mean Temple is sitting on a goldmine of opportunity? When does UConn move into Gillette?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Does this mean Temple is sitting on a goldmine of opportunity? When does UConn move into Gillette?

Miami 2023 for Temple.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Miami 2023 for Temple.

True - And Oklahoma in 2025 and Penn St in 2026. Impressive.

Is anyone doing anything in the AD's office or are we just sitting on our hands permanently?

Future Temple Football Schedules | FBSchedules.com

And that drive from Storrs to Gillette - not exactly fun.

Wonder how Pitt is doing with its NFL stadium magic.

Future Pitt Football Schedules | FBSchedules.com <--not as good...Wisconsin, ND, Tennessee and WVU...

Reaction Score
Miami is really scheduling some OOC games way out into the future

...USF (2-1).., home and homes with USC, Miami, Texas,, WVU, Notre Dame, Oklahoma

One and dones with Duke, Southern Miss, Utah State.

OOPS!! Scratch "Miami" and insert BAMA..LOL....

The Canes were on the brain...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom