USF game | The Boneyard

USF game

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Jose has expressed an interest in continuing to play UConn after the Huskies leave the AAC. Geno and Jose are good friends and golfing buddies. So long as Geno can schedule a game in Tampa over the Winter break, and bring along his clubs, I’d say there is a really good possibility the series continues.

Reaction Score
If possible, they'll continue to play. It will help USF with strength of schedule, which will help them with making the tournament.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Jose has expressed an interest in continuing to play UConn after the Huskies leave the AAC. Geno and Jose are good friends and golfing buddies. So long as Geno can schedule a game in Tampa over the Winter break, and bring along his clubs, I’d say there is a really good possibility the series continues.
I'm not for it, personally. USF has slipped to a WNIT-caliber team. With 20 games in the Big East season, our OOC schedule will be limited to only 9 or 10 games, and IMHO we shouldn't prioritize it based on who Geno's best buddies are or where he likes to play golf. There are usually at least 3 games scheduled just for homecoming purposes, almost always against weaker teams. That leaves only about 6 more OOC slots available for actually building a strong schedule.

Reaction Score
Is anyone else a little bit nervous about the USF game on Sunday, when the consecutive loss
streak will be on the line?

They played us tough last year at their place (without Laksa). I was at that game biting my
nails until we pulled it out in the 4th quarter.

They destroyed Temple by 48 last Sunday and if they're hitting their 3's, and we're not, it
could be a closer game than I would wish.

Reaction Score
I'm not for it, personally. USF has slipped to a WNIT-caliber team. With 20 games in the Big East season, our OOC schedule will be limited to only 9 or 10 games, and IMHO we shouldn't prioritize it based on who Geno's best buddies are or where he likes to play golf. There are usually at least 3 games scheduled just for homecoming purposes, almost always against weaker teams. That leaves only about 6 more OOC slots available for actually building a strong schedule.
This is one of the drawbacks of the new Big East. Replacing the 16 garbage AAC games with 20 garbage Big East games.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
This is one of the drawbacks of the new Big East. Replacing the 16 garbage AAC games with 20 8 garbage, 6 quasi-garbage, 4 decent and 2 good Big East games.
There, I fixed it for you. :rolleyes:

USF really shouldn't be scheduled with any regularity or least until we have 4 strong BE opponents on a year in, year out basis. Seems Marquette has withstood the exodus of Lisa fairly well. Can Creighton continue it's climb and who will steer 'Nova in the future? Is Butler really committed to WCBB to maintain after Spolyer leaves, they have good young players?

I will say I have more faith in the BigEast gaining ground in status over the American. Now move the BET from Chicago back to Connecticut next year for better television, better attendance and our proximity!!!
:rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom