USF Game | The Boneyard

USF Game

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Jose and a number of other coaches recruit very actively abroad, but I had no idea he had 9 international students on his roster. Nothing wrong with it; just a surprise.

Reaction Score
As of 10:00am Uconn is a 24 point favorite today after opening up as a 21.5 point favorite.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
As of 10:00am Uconn is a 24 point favorite today after opening up as a 21.5 point favorite.

And why not? They're in worst shape today than they were during the first meeting when they suffered a 65 point loss to UConn 102-37 back on January 10. It's been a year to forget for Fernandez and his program.
The future is bright for the 2017-2018 season for the Bulls. Click the link below for access to their website write-up fro tonight's game.

[LINK]

Reaction Score
USF may have a Laksa, but there is only one TRUE LATKA:
upload_2017-2-27_15-25-52.png

(Except, of course, for those fried pancakes.)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Given all that USF lost to graduation to last year, it's a minor miracle that USF is even in the discussion for an at-large bid this year (though I don't consider them a lock by any stretch). They graduated an All-American in C. Williams, the USF career rebounding leader in Jenkins, and a very key contributor in Stringfield.

And considering that USF also lost two-year starter Ferreira to injury this year, the miracle goes from minor to midsized. Those 4 players accounted for 72% of the team's scoring and 65% of the rebounding. (By comparison, Stewie-Moriah-Tuck accounted for 52% of scoring and 42% of UConn's rebounding last year.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Everybody's banged up this time of year. If they're so injured, why did 2 starters play 40 minutes and 1 starter played 38 minutes when the game was clearly over. Shouldn't they have been rested to prepare for the AAC tournament?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
USF Post game 2 foreign players AND COACH stated that they did not foul HARD ENOUGH !!!

Seeking to injure is VERY BAD !!!

If Fernandez is teaching his team to foul hard, then he's not teaching the fundamentals that will produce victories. Teaching a team to foul hard will only result in more losses. His best players will be on the bench early with foul trouble. Instead of fouling the opposition hard, why not recruit players that can play at this level and compete? Fouling hard does not translate into wins.

If he's teaching that, he trying to cover up his team's inefficiencies, and ability to compete on a level playing field. Look at teams in the top 10. I don't think those coaches teach their girls to foul at all. Geno teaches his team NOT to foul.

Reaction Score
FWIW I think what the player was trying to say is that if you are going to foul, make sure that you disrupt the player you are fouling so that they don't make the shot and then get a free throw. I doubt she was advocating injuring anyone.

Reaction Score
Oh yes, and do you feel that the problem with the attitude of the USF players was caused by the fact that they were "foreign?" I point that out only because you chose to characterize them in that way.

Reaction Score
Oh yes, and do you feel that the problem with the attitude of the USF players was caused by the fact that they were "foreign?" I point that out only because you chose to characterize them in that way.
I didn't detect any real "attitude" in the players from the video. And there is always a potential for what you say to be not quite what you mean when you are speaking in a language that is not your first.

It's especially challenging when it seems that some people are very sensitive to language and context in what is said these days.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score

I wouldn't characterize it as foreign and get into stereotypes
But something about Laksa (with all her talent)
really reminds me of Miss Diamond of our favorite school UTenn...
pouty, negative, given to taking very, very low percentage shots.
Not at all my fav.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom