USF Game Pressers...Like You've Never Seen Before! | The Boneyard

USF Game Pressers...Like You've Never Seen Before!

Reaction Score
Wow, this was easily the best post-game comments I've heard from Geno since probably the Stewart era. Totally worth a listen.

Last edited:

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
As a (semi) reporter, I cringe at some of the poorly thought out questions..... but his answers? Gold. Feel like you could create a book of his post game/hallway ramblings. Would sure be better than that silly GENO! book.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Worthy of its own thread:

Geno says the essence of the improvement in team play and what is required going forward is playing smart and playing tough...Yes, he thinks the team effort is better in these essentials, but will use the week or so to continue to stress improve in those areas.

Also, right there with Tony...pass the ball, trust your teammates.

Liv didn't even come up, she must be working hard...lots of talk about keeping Chistyn engaged even when she's struggling with her shot...He loved her D today

Ever since I've listened to him his attitude towards where the team is sent for the regionals is unchanged...Tell me where to go, who we have to play, we'll show up...

Just think how many boring threads can be deleted if one accepted his approach. :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In terms of Jose's comment, USF averaged 17.2 turnovers per game this year. They were at 15.5 last year and 12.7 the year before.

Reaction Score
Ever since I've listened to him his attitude towards where the team is sent for the regionals is unchanged...Tell me where to go, who we have to play, we'll show up...

Just think how many boring threads can be deleted if one accepted his approach. :)

But he did say it should be fair seeding. So if we're the 5th or 6th overall, we should play the 3rd or 4th seed overall. After the games today, that means we should play in the Baylor or Maryland regional. He also complained that we were a number 1 seed last year before the AAC tournament and somehow we dropped to a 2 seed after winning the tournament.

Reaction Score
Not sure of the you must watch to the end but all was good. The anti zone play called "Jose" was a nice complement on the way out.
I am all about 20:36 in "tell me who we're going to play, where, what time and we'll be there!"

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

Geno says the essence of the improvement in team play and what is required going forward is playing smart and playing tough...Yes, he thinks the team effort is better in these essentials, but will use the week or so to continue to stress improve in those areas.

Liv didn't even come up, she must be working hard...lots of talk about keeping Chistyn engaged even when she's struggling with her shot...He loved her D today

Geno also said what I've been saying all year. That the lack of ball movement and the prevalence of one on one dribble play was due to a lack of trust the players had in each other. He said as well another thing I've been harping on. As much as Liv, Meg, CD and Ania are important for this team to play championship ball, as CW goes, so goes this team. Her offense opens the floor for everyone else. If this team wants to be a FF team CW is going to have to average 15-20, as well as getting the occasional offensive rebound. As well as playing stellar defense.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Attachments

• 1583731555908.png
    1583731555908.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 124

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score

:DI'm a fan! What I hope for is from a fans perspective not an amazing coach. When I coached girls softball I didn't approach the game the way parents and fan's did.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom