USF coach Jose Fernandez should be worried... :) | The Boneyard

USF coach Jose Fernandez should be worried... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
USF Jose.jpg

If you are Jose Fernandez, the coach at USF, here's what is facing you on Tuesday. Your three best players graduated last year. Your leading scorer has an injured finger, although she can still play. Your rotation in games is often only 6 deep. Your tallest player is 6'1". Against Tulsa, your last game, two players took 70% of your shots and scored 70% of your points, including all made 3 pointers. Your next game is against UConn, #1 team in the country. They have won 89 straight games and your record against them is 0-20. Oh yeah, it just snowed in Storrs and your guys are from Florida. :cool:

If you are Geno, coach of the Huskies, here's your outlook. Your three best players also graduated last season. Your leading scorer has been taping a finger on her shooting hand, but can still play. Your rotation is often only 6 deep. Your tallest inside player is 6'1"..... (now the good news...) Four players average in double figures. Seven players have made three point baskets and as a team you make 42%. Your record at the XL Center is 83-2 in the last 85 games. Your record against USF is 20-0. This season, you already beat the snot out of Notre Dame, Texas, Ohio State, Baylor and Maryland. You haven't lost a game in 416 days. Oh yeah, you're at home and it just snowed. ;)

I like Geno's chances on this one, even without the six days he has had to game plan. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I say: from your mouth to XX's ears. Since no religion is allowed on the BY, how about from your mouth to Geno's ears? or is that also religion? :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They have at least 3 players 6'4" or 6'5". Katelyn Weber has never panned out. She is not very athletic and can't catch the ball. You would think that after 3 years she would have improved, but she has not improved. Who's at fault? I don't know. Their other tall players must sit on the bench. They always seem to play UConn close, but this game won't be close. UConn 84-63.

Reaction Score
I say: from your mouth to XX's ears. Since no religion is allowed on the BY, how about from your mouth to Geno's ears? or is that also religion? :)
Heaven only knows!!

Reaction Score
They have at least 3 players 6'4" or 6'5". Katelyn Weber has never panned out. She is not very athletic and can't catch the ball. You would think that after 3 years she would have improved, but she has not improved. Who's at fault? I don't know. Their other tall players must sit on the bench. They always seem to play UConn close, but this game won't be close. UConn 84-63.
You said the big words--NOT VERY ATHLETIC---some kids can and some kids can't and size does not always matter--
(in a basketball sense) The kid i always loved to hate (and I still respect her) graduated last year--. This team usually finds a way to give Uconn all it want. Uconn's undersized kids Gabby and Collier ARE athletic and have the desire to be the best.
That's A difference!!

Reaction Score
View attachment 18427

If you are Jose Fernandez, the coach at USF, here's what is facing you on Tuesday. Your three best players graduated last year. Your leading scorer has an injured finger, although she can still play. Your rotation in games is often only 6 deep. Your tallest player is 6'1". Against Tulsa, your last game, two players took 70% of your shots and scored 70% of your points, including all made 3 pointers. Your next game is against UConn, #1 team in the country. They have won 89 straight games and your record against them is 0-20. Oh yeah, it just snowed in Storrs and your guys are from Florida. :cool:

If you are Geno, coach of the Huskies, here's your outlook. Your three best players also graduated last season. Your leading scorer has been taping a finger on her shooting hand, but can still play. Your rotation is often only 6 deep. Your tallest inside player is 6'1"..... (now the good news...) Four players average in double figures. Seven players have made three point baskets and as a team you make 42%. Your record at the XL Center is 83-2 in the last 85 games. Your record against USF is 20-0. This season, you already beat the snot out of Notre Dame, Texas, Ohio State, Baylor and Maryland. You haven't lost a game in 416 days. Oh yeah, you're at home and it just snowed. ;)

I like Geno's chances on this one, even without the six days he has had to game plan. :rolleyes:
Great post David! Not far from Okeechobee.

Reaction Score

Hopefully you're correct but USF has traditionally played UConn tough and any time you have two proven three point shooters anything can happen........may be a blowout or may be much closer then predicted...............

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I like to keep the mojo gods at bay! That's why I don't comment on these things. I would have never thought we would have lost to St John!!

Reaction Score
They're not playing in Storrs again until the end of the month. They haven't had a game in Storrs since Dec. 1st. If it seems like UConn is never in home whites, that's because they play most of their games on the road or on some other non-UConn court in Connecticut. Only 8 games in Storrs this year.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members