USF and UCF to Big XII Imminent? | The Boneyard

USF and UCF to Big XII Imminent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
if u count 1-2-3-1-2-3-1.... for that picture. i call team #3.

Reaction Score
At this rate will be the only one left in the NNNNNNNNNNNN to infinity BE. Will be the riches one year athletic program in history.

Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda suggests that's the case: http://tuxedoyoda.blogspot.com/2013/03/fox-sports-is-straw-that-stirs.html.

Idea is the Big XII needs to get to 12 teams, wants the Florida market and recruits, and none of the ACC teams have budged.
So they go from FSU, Lville, Clemson and Miami to USF and UCF? Because both those schools are going to kick ass in FL when up against any SEC game? Whiole they need 12 for a championship game, those schools do nothing for the Bevo network. I think FL recruits know who and where most Bix XII schools are. More spaghetti on the wall.

Also, does this dampen the theory that the ACC pending implosion is overstated?

Reaction Score
Why would Fox pay $20m+ extra per school (UCF_USF)(another $40m) when they entire nBe contract is worth $20m?

I am loopy and out of touch ... but, somethings in this CR scheme make no sense.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why would anyone want both of them. Other than to generate a rumor to scare FSU this is stupid even by CR standards.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
It only makes sense with financial concessions.

I do think that the ACC losing Both Florida teams puts Cincy and UConn in an interesting position against UCF and USF. The ACC may have to keep a presence in Florida. Some needs to call Bristol to get the pecking order.

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
No. No way Texas settles for Usf or Ucf.

It's an attempt to get FSU to jump before the ACC implodes and a sad one at that.

BIG eats first, then SEC, then the B12. Arrogant Bevos.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Why would this scare or force Florida State's hand at all?

Florida State is never leaving the ACC unless it implodes.

What the Big XII and USF/UCF do has no bearing on FSU.

FSU is one of the few schools in FBS that I don't think have to worry about being left out.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The latest rumor from the WVU duo is that Notre Dame may sign up with the C7 for next season, using their collective out clause to avoid having to wait. And that Fox has offered the C7 more money if it can keep them out of the ACC. In theory, this is because ND sees that the ACC's days are numbered and can avoid the $50M penalty and join the B1G in 2016 when the NBC contract is up, or stay indy with the C7. More flexibility.

No more crazy, and probably less crazy, that USF and UCF to the Big XII.

Reaction Score
That was the most idiotic post ever, Texas would leave for the ACC before allowing USF, and UCF into the Big 12. They already had talks with the ACC last year when Notre Dame did.

Reaction Score
Why would Fox pay $20m+ extra per school (UCF_USF)(another $40m) when they entire nBe contract is worth $20m?

I am loopy and out of touch ... but, somethings in this CR scheme make no sense.
I seriously thought you were going to post that they both had more deserving athletic programs than us And thus we were sol.

Reaction Score
A lot of what has happened with realignment would never have been thought to make sense ahead of time. Having said that, I'll believe that USF and UCF to the Big XII will happen when it's officially announced.

ND to the C-7 does not strike me as impossible, but it would take a huge amount of Fox money because ND has made clear for a decade that it doesn't want all of its non-revenue sports stuck in a conference with the C-7.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
The latest rumor from the WVU duo is that Notre Dame may sign up with the C7 for next season, using their collective out clause to avoid having to wait. And that Fox has offered the C7 more money if it can keep them out of the ACC. In theory, this is because ND sees that the ACC's days are numbered and can avoid the $50M penalty and join the B1G in 2016 when the NBC contract is up, or stay indy with the C7. More flexibility.

It's not really crazy at all. ND AD Swarbick has said he would go with C7 for year if ACC won't accommodate them next year. 1) I don't think C7 will take them just for a year. 2) The ACC would trash all of their schedules not to let it happen.

Reaction Score

Some guy points out to mhver3 on twitter that ND is already today subject to the 50M (pending MD lawsuit's determination that anyone is bound by it) and therefore if ND wanted to go to the B1g in all sports at some point, they'd either be subject to the penalty now or later or not subject to it now or later if it is unenforceable. Mhver3 brushes it off with a don't believe everything you read type comment.

Reaction Score
OMG. Could a certain now signed recruit's Dad please check back in and start to post so we can get into some crazy arguments and something less ridiculous than this? :confused:

Reaction Score
Some guy points out to on twitter that ND is already today subject to the 50M (pending MD lawsuit's determination that anyone is bound by it) and therefore if ND wanted to go to the B1g in all sports at some point, they'd either be subject to the penalty now or later or not subject to it now or later if it is unenforceable. brushes it off with a don't believe everything you read type comment.

Hotrod@Hotrod55771400
@MHr3 @theDudeofWV ND is subject to ACC exit fee, according to press release when announced the were joining ACC

MHr3@MHv3
@Hotrod55771400 @thedudeofwv don't believe everything you read. MD case will prove

The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV
@MHr3 @Hotrod55771400 No one will be subject to the exit fee when the ruling comes down.

Reaction Score
Hotrod@Hotrod55771400
@MHr3 @theDudeofWV ND is subject to ACC exit fee, according to press release when announced the were joining ACC

MHr3@ 3
@Hotrod55771400 @thedudeofwv don't believe everything you read. MD case will prove

The Dude of WV@theDudeofWV
@MHr3 @Hotrod55771400 No one will be subject to the exit fee when the ruling comes down.

Thank you for adding the quotes. Doesn't that undercut the idea, e.g. if no one will be subject to exit fee why would ND hide out in the C7 to avoid the exit fee?

Those guys are creative, but they fling things at walls a lot.

Reaction Score
Thank you for adding the quotes. Doesn't that undercut the idea, e.g. if no one will be subject to exit fee why would ND hide out in the C7 to avoid the exit fee?

Those guys are creative, but they fling things at walls a lot.

There is no exit fee on teams leaving for the C-7. There are exit fees for teams leaving for other conferences.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There is no exit fee on teams leaving for the C-7. There are exit fees for teams leaving for other conferences.
I think what he was trying to say is that if the C7 have negotiated a reduction of benefits due in exchange for no exit fee and no waiting period, ND would join them in leaving the BE and stay for a year to take advantage of that deal.

Reaction Score

Actually, this isn't the case.

As per the bylaws, Notre Dame is its own separate entity. Only the 7 Catholic basketball schools are part of that faction. There were 3 categories of schools recognized in the bylaws. The football-playing schools, the non-football playing schools, and Notre Dame. So ND can't leave without paying an exit fee no matter what. Nor can it take NCAA credits, nor does it even have a vote in matters of dissolution of the conference once it announces its intention to leave.

This is precisely why there was that threatening language from the BE to the Catholic schools in regard to ND a few weeks ago.

Reaction Score

I meant avoiding an ACC exit fee, not avoiding a BigEast exit fee. Perhaps I am not understanding your post.

Reaction Score
It's not really crazy at all. ND AD Swarbick has said he would go with C7 for year if ACC won't accommodate them next year. 1) I don't think C7 will take them just for a year. 2) The ACC would trash all of their schedules not to let it happen.

Don't forget there is a 27 month period for exiting the BE. Notre Dame is not only slated to be in our conference for 2013-2014, but also 2014-2015. If it wants out, it has to pay up. Nor can it leave for the C7. It is not in that grouping of schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom