USF About To Lose To Long Beach State | The Boneyard

USF About To Lose To Long Beach State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And suffer their first loss. They're down by 5 with 15 seconds to go. 73-68 is the final score.

Didn't expect that!

Their stats:

upload_2016-12-19_17-33-22.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-12-19_17-32-1.png
    upload_2016-12-19_17-32-1.png
    133 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Long Beach State must have forgotten that as a west coast team, they are supposed to lose when playing on the east coast.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Totally saw - and overlooked the game. Long Beach has improved in recent years, but I didn't think they had it in'em.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Long Beach State must have forgotten that as a west coast team, they are supposed to lose when playing on the east coast.

They're playing in Vegas.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
And suffer their first loss. They're down by 5 with 15 seconds to go. 73-68 is the final score.

Didn't expect that!

Their stats:

View attachment 17789
That is a horrible loss. Long Beach got blown out , at home by Duke. Although i love the Beach coaches and players they shouldnt be in a game vs USF. I have to think that is their best win in many years (circa the 80's). Beach did beat Cal, i think, a few years ago, but i dont think Cal was that good a team.
WOW

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That is a horrible loss. Long Beach got blown out , at home by Duke. Although i love the Beach coaches and players they shouldnt be in a game vs USF. I have to think that is their best win in many years (circa the 80's). Beach did beat Cal, i think, a few years ago, but i dont think Cal was that good a team.
WOW

And?????????

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
WOW
I think the announcer said it was their first win over a ranked team in 2 years.
But I may have heard that wrong. Maybe he said 20. lol

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I think the announcer said it was their first win over a ranked team in 2 years.
But I may have heard that wrong. Maybe he said 20. lol

Long Beach State beat Cal in December 2014 at a time when Cal was ranked #18.

LBSU has been a WNIT team the past two years, and I heard the announcer say that they were picked to win their conference this year.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Long Beach did upset #17/18 Cal 2 years ago in OT @LBSU.
Cals best player, Reshanda Gray, was tossed from game for intentionally stepping on a player when she was on the floor.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Glad to see Long Beach pull off the upset.... hopefully they will go on an win the Big West Conference Tournament.... think they won the regular season last year.. but got beat in the conference tournament.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
USF losing to Long Beach St is the type of loss that will prevent them from getting a Top 4 Seed to Host first round games in the NCAA's. Really Bad Loss, as they'll probably lose a couple of games to teams non named UConn in Conference Play.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
USF losing to Long Beach St is the type of loss that will prevent them from getting a Top 4 Seed to Host first round games in the NCAA's. Really Bad Loss, as they'll probably lose a couple of games to teams non named UConn in Conference Play.
I don't think anyone was expecting them to get a Top 4 seed anyway... were they? I certainly wasn't. Maybe a 6 or 7 but definitely not a 4.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IF USF had only 2 or 3 losses to UConn and one other Conference loss (Temple), I'd contend that they would be in line for a #4 seeding as they would probably be ranked in the Top 20. Because of the games against UConn they'll probably end up with a good RPI at the end of the season. Not saying it would be a guarantee, but close.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
IF USF had only 2 or 3 losses to UConn and one other Conference loss (Temple), I'd contend that they would be in line for a #4 seeding as they would probably be ranked in the Top 20. Because of the games against UConn they'll probably end up with a good RPI at the end of the season. Not saying it would be a guarantee, but close.
Normally, I might have thought "no way" - but with the really unspectacular schedules played by so many teams this year, you could be right. As much as playing UConn helps the RPI - and it does - playing many of the other teams in the American doesn't.

I know a lot of folks on the BY want to use other rating systems than RPI - I have no idea where USF stacks up on them. But until the NCAA changes their tune, RPI and the corresponding strength of schedule portion of the RPI are going to be factors in seeding.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Definately a bad loss for USF.

Could drop them out of the Top 25 Coach's Poll later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom