USC hires Lindsay Gottlieb | Page 2 | The Boneyard

USC hires Lindsay Gottlieb

Reaction Score
"Fine" is that all of the 250 regular fans who attend the games will still remain. The Alumni that I sat with over the years hated M. Cooper and demanded CCD, to the USC AD office. They got CCD, a one and out NCAA bid loss to St Johns and then hell for the remainder of her contract. Nobody wanted the job at USC and thus they brought back Trakh. I had no problem with Gottlieb at Cal, and think USC will make the tournament a few time during her tenure.
Sure she will make the tournament a few times in her tenure- the pac 12 tournament that is.

Reaction Score
Not sure what the AD is thinking. I agree with most posters here. Good coach, not elite and will never win the Natty in my opinion, but USC can go on with their bad selves!!

Reaction Score
Not sure what the AD is thinking. I agree with most posters here. Good coach, not elite and will never win the Natty in my opinion, but USC can go on with their bad selves!!

Honestly, I'd agree with some of the critique of Gottlieb, but on some level, I wonder how her ability to recruit was hampered by being at Berkley. In theory, at USC, the pool of recruits should be larger and she can go after some recruits she might not have been able to get at Cal. For all her faults, she still has more or the same number of Final Fours than Cori Close, Sue Semaru, Kelly Graves, Lisa Bluder, Bill Fennelly, McGuff, and plenty of other coaches. It really takes a special coach and some luck to get to the Final Four.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I'd agree with some of the critique of Gottlieb, but on some level, I wonder how her ability to recruit was hampered by being at Berkley. In theory, at USC, the pool of recruits should be larger and she can go after some recruits she might not have been able to get at Cal. For all her faults, she still has more or the same number of Final Fours than Cori Close, Sue Semaru, Kelly Graves, Lisa Bluder, Bill Fennelly, McGuff, and plenty of other coaches. It really takes a special coach and some luck to get to the Final Four.

You're 100% right. I honestly don't know a lot about her, but I always liked her and I know Geno does. I only started paying attention to her and the program when UConn had the two games (home and away) those two years. During the last one, she had a Q&A session with Geno and the Cal men's coach. I really enjoyed that.

You may be right, if she can get some traction in recruiting for USC, she can get them in the running. Probably take a while though.

AZgirl

Pac-12 women's sports all day long
Reaction Score
I don't think recruiting has been difficult for him. Trakh signed the No. 7 class this year. The year before, they had at least one McDAA. Her bigger problems are the transfers and injuries. Those have been devastating for a few years

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom