USC Gamecocks 2024-25 Season: Part Two | The Boneyard

USC Gamecocks 2024-25 Season: Part Two

Reaction Score
Warning acknowledged.

So, are we gonna get any top 30 recruits? Supposedly, not looking good. Some are blaming Dawn for her summer in Paris. Some are blaming the recent unnamed event, some are saying zDawn is not impressed with the 25 class anyway. Others are saying hold on, it’s too early to write this class off.

Thoughts?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
tough-guy-look-around.gif

Reaction Score
Warning acknowledged.

So, are we gonna get any top 30 recruits? Supposedly, not looking good. Some are blaming Dawn for her summer in Paris. Some are blaming the recent unnamed event, some are saying zDawn is not impressed with the 25 class anyway. Others are saying hold on, it’s too early to write this class off.

Thoughts?
SC has recruited at such a high level that having a smaller class this year wouldn’t shock me

Either way recruiting is the last thing to worry about for SC IMO

Reaction Score
SC has recruited at such a high level that having a smaller class this year wouldn’t shock me

Either way recruiting is the last thing to worry about for SC IMO
Quality is high. Quantity is low. We have 13 ( 12 active at this time) on the roster. We will lose Paopoa, Hall, Feagan and Walker after this season. That will reduce us to 9 next year. If Raven chooses to forego her senior redshirt year, we will be reduce the roster to 8. We aren’t discussing Watkins.

That is a dangerously low level. Note we Dawn made unusually late July/August offers this year to the 29th and 88th ranked prospects.

How small is safe for a recruiting class with such a small roster for next year?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Quality is high. Quantity is low. We have 13 ( 12 active at this time) on the roster. We will lose Paopoa, Hall, Feagan and Walker after this season. That will reduce us to 9 next year. If Raven chooses to forego her senior redshirt year, we will be reduce the roster to 8. We aren’t discussing Watkins.

That is a dangerously low level. Note we Dawn made unusually late July/August offers this year to the 29th and 88th ranked prospects.

How small is safe for a recruiting class with such a small roster for next year?

All of those players who return are great. A starting 5 of Tessa Johnson/Fulwiley/Kitts/Edwards/Dauda with McDaniel/Tac is still a title contender (not to mention you might have Raven/Watkins on the roster too).

Dawn is also excellent at pulling necessary pieces from the portal and will likely do so to bolster the roster as needed. Too early to fret about next year’s roster IMO.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
FRET
All of those players who return are great. A starting 5 of Tessa Johnson/Fulwiley/Kitts/Edwards/Dauda with McDaniel/Tac is still a title contender (not to mention you might have Raven/Watkins on the roster too).

Dawn is also excellent and pulling necessary pieces from the portal and will likely do so to bolster the roster as needed. Too early to fret about next year’s roster IMO.
Yeah, that's an excellent starting five, But I shouldn't even have to point out the thinness of the roster on a UCoon board after the past three years.

Fret? No. Think about it yeah. Follow recruiting? Oh heck yeah. All year long.

Also, it's a good topic changer.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Im expecting 2 in this class… which 2? We’ll see. But I’m not pushing the panic button yet.

Reaction Score
What positions will be of the highest need? I think it'll be shooting guards and wings. If we eventually want Milaysia to be our primary PG, someone will need to step up at the two. Tessa will be filling in for Hall, so I think there is plenty of playing time to sell as a backup to Tessa at the 3 and as a potential starter at the 2 (assuming Milaysia moves to PG)

Reaction Score
I would be surprised if Raven Johnson comes out in 2025. She seems to love playing for Dawn. Raven had a terrific year and is on a great trajectory but still a little ways from being guaranteed to stick in the league IMO. I’d also want to avoid the Bueckers/Miles/Harmon/Amoore logjam that could emerge in the next draft class. I think Raven could eventually surpass several of those players but right now she’d likely be taken after them.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
I would be surprised if Raven Johnson comes out in 2025. She seems to love playing for Dawn. Raven had a terrific year and is on a great trajectory but still a little ways from being guaranteed to stick in the league IMO. I’d also want to avoid the Bueckers/Miles/Harmon/Amoore logjam that could emerge in the next draft class. I think Raven could eventually surpass several of those players but right now she’d likely be taken after them.
Harmon is likely to stay another year since she was granted another RS year. Miles could stay or leave (guessing she’ll leave though, this is year 5 in South Bend).

Reaction Score
I've watched a few draft analyses and I think Raven would be the #2 PG taken in this draft behind Bueckers. Experts think Harmon and Amoore will have trouble getting drafted because of their size and it is pretty much 50/50 odds between Raven and Miles for the #2/3 with most choosing Raven because she has a better three point shot.

Reaction Score
If she doesn't fall for the LSU dog and pony show then probably.
Her finalist list is odd but she definitely is very interactive with both LSU and SCs programs. Have to assume one of them will get her

bballnut90

Reaction Score
I've watched a few draft analyses and I think Raven would be the #2 PG taken in this draft behind Bueckers. Experts think Harmon and Amoore will have trouble getting drafted because of their size and it is pretty much 50/50 odds between Raven and Miles for the #2/3 with most choosing Raven because she has a better three point shot.
Agree on Raven over Harmon/Amoore due to physicality but I’d easily take Miles over Johnson. Much better offensive player overall.

Reaction Score
I think we will end up with Bourage and the local high school product in South Carolina Lauren Jacobs to give us two taller guards who can handle and play the 3 ;and we hit the portal for a Forward/post player

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think she's probably a 1st rounder. But sticking in the league at 5'8" is a tall order. Also, I have a feeling Miles will go before her if they're in the same year. A couple inches taller with slightly better finishing skills at the rim.

WBBTakeover

10/18/2023
Reaction Score
I agree. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think Georgia Amoore is good enough to stick in the WNBA (too small, can't really defend, and is inefficient). She shouldn't be considered a first round pick, IMO. Raven is a much, much, much, much better prospect than she is. Harmon could become a Jordin Canada type, but that remains to be seen (some will recall that Jordin was on her way out of the WNBA until she improved her shot).

Outside of Paige, none of these 2025 PG prospects look like sure-fire WNBA stars. Miles might be solid. Raven has enough room to grow into a potential star, but she'll need some more seasoning.

Reaction Score

There's another way to fill a lineup. Staley may have a big group on her 2026 list so renting a couple of players for a year wouldn't create a logjam.
UConn had 2 very early verbal commits and no one since.

Reaction Score
After last night's victory over Connecticut,

A'ja Wilson is...

11 PTS from the WNBA record for most points in a season.
71 PTS from the 1st 1,000-point season in WNBA history.
41 REB away from the highest rebounding season ever.
(Reese 446, Wilson 406)

Reaction Score
After last night's victory over Connecticut,

A'ja Wilson is...

11 PTS from the WNBA record for most points in a season.
71 PTS from the 1st 1,000-point season in WNBA history.
41 REB away from the highest rebounding season ever.
(Reese 446, Wilson 406)
Incredible season for her

Reaction Score
Harmon is likely to stay another year since she was granted another RS year. Miles could stay or leave (guessing she’ll leave though, this is year 5 in South Bend).
Doesn't Miles have the COVID exception in addition to her redshirt year? She enrolled early instead of with her 2021 class.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom