OT: Usain has competition! Go Lexi! | The Boneyard

OT: Usain has competition! Go Lexi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Fellow Jamaican Yohan Blake ran a 19.26 time in the 200 meters....second best ever to Bolt's 19.19.
Blake said that Usain has been giving him tips and Usain responds that 'all the tutoring just stopped'.
Cute line.

This development will be great for track....a pushed Usain might do even crazier things than he has so far.

16 year old Lexi Thompson leads by 2 in the current LPGA event....36 to go. She would be youngest ever to win. This would be some great sizzle for the tour. BTW: Lexi won the Jr. Girls at 13 years at the Hartford Golf Club in 2008.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see the American relay team finish a race and give the Jamaicans a run for their money. The last World Championships in Korea was heartbreaking, but we are snakebitten.

BTW: Was Blake's time acceptable, not wind aided? Asked because I do not believe there was any indication that he would/could run that fast a time. Had he even run a sub 19.5 prior to this?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I'd like to see the American relay team finish a race and give the Jamaicans a run for their money. The last World Championships in Korea was heartbreaking, but we are snakebitten.

BTW: Was Blake's time acceptable, not wind aided? Asked because I do not believe there was any indication that he would/could run that fast a time. Had he even run a sub 19.5 prior to this?

No mention that it was wind aided so I assume it was legit. Our 4 by 1 relay teams [men and women] have messy history of baton exchanges but in the recent world championships I think Jamaica would have blown us away even if we had been clean. They set the world record.....not sure by how much. It is certainly true that USA/Jamaica rivalry should be the centerpiece in the next few years in the sprints. Nobody but the USA has a shot.

I don't think Blake had anywhere near this time....the article does quote him as saying [basically] Bolt has really helped him with strategy etc. BTW: Bolt won the 100 in 9.76....best in the world so far. He didn't run the 200...I think. It was the Van Damme Memorial meet in Brussels....on Friday. I have read that Bolt is being more conservative in his starts since his being DQ'ed in the world 100 meters. I guess I have come to think of that new rule as a good thing....just that the runners need to practice their starts with coaches and even with official starters over and over again to accomodate the more stringent rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom