USA women are golden! | The Boneyard

USA women are golden!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Of the 39 Gold medals won by the USA, 27 are from the women! A perfect exclamation point to the 40 year anniversary of Title IX! Way to go!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Was about to post something similar. Water polo, swimming, soccer, beach volleyball, tennis, track, rowing, gymnastics and basketball to come!

And other sports I'm not thinking about off the top of my head. :)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Naysayers will point out that a number of those women never went to college or are too young to be in college yet. My counter to that is that Title IX was instrumental to creating a culture that incentivized girls to excel at sports, period, and some of those girls went in directions that afforded them opportunities in non-scholarship sports or sports where success can come pre-college. In 2012, for instance, our gymnasts were strong and tough, and the Russians were fragile. A generation ago, that simply wasn't the case. And it's not a coincidence.

U

UCONNfan1

Was about to post something similar. Water polo, swimming, soccer, beach volleyball, tennis, track, rowing, gymnastics and basketball to come!

And other sports I'm not thinking about off the top of my head. :)
Skeet shooting, or whatever it's called, boxing (yes women's boxing), and i'm sure there are a few others. Did we win in fencing? We got the gold and silver 4 years ago... But i think not this year... And I think Judo as well...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Our indoor Volleyball just made it to the Gold Medal match by defeating Korea. I love this team!!

USA v Brazil just like 4 years ago.

Reaction Score
Our indoor Volleyball just made it to the Gold Medal match by defeating Korea. I love this team!!

USA v Brazil just like 4 years ago.

Me too! So fun to watch!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member