USA Women’s U19 World Cup Team Trial Roster Announced | The Boneyard

USA Women’s U19 World Cup Team Trial Roster Announced

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Espinoza-Hunter didn't make the last USA Team (think U17) that she tried out for. She'll probably have to have a good year at UConn before she gets another invite. There's so much talent for so few positions. Australia will be loaded for their U19 Team and Team USA will have to field a strong team that plays together as a team if they want to win the Gold Medal..

Reaction Score
Interested to see who makes it this time around.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IMO if USA wants to win the Gold Medal, the starters need to be players that played significant minutes and contribution in their Freshmen Year at College.

Reaction Score
Anyone know, if the complete list of invitees was ever published? Seems like they only published the list of players accepting the invitation. Perhaps all the invitees accepted?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The 2015 U19 would have likely monkey stomped the team eventually chosen to be this year's squad.

Reaction Score
So, since Jen Riz is chairing the selection committee, that pretty much guarantees Crystal Dangerfield and all the invited UConn recruits will make the team, right?

Reaction Score
and no TN players will make the squad Im sure.
Right - absolutely NFW ANY TN players OR recruits make the team, since Jen is just Geno's planted puppet on the committee.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Right - absolutely NFW ANY TN players OR recruits make the team, since Jen is just Geno's planted puppet on the committee.

Im not even sure if any TN players or commits are going to the trials? Are any on the invitation list?

Reaction Score
I think she is really good. Have you seen her play? You will when she plays SC.

Yes I've seen her play on multiple occasions in the Nike Nationals for the Cal Stars, last year for the Fiba U18 World Championships, The McDAA game, and The JBC. I will admit she is very good and has great court vision, its just hard for me to imagine her making this roster over more experienced players. Hell I think Magen Walker will have a tough time making it.

... Also let's not make it seem like she will be a SC killer... because she won't :D

Reaction Score
Yes I've seen her play on multiple occasions in the Nike Nationals for the Cal Stars, last year for the Fiba U18 World Championships, The McDAA game, and The JBC. I will admit she is very good and has great court vision, its just hard for me to imagine her making this roster over more experienced players. Hell I think Magen Walker will have a tough time making it.

... Also let's not make it seem like she will be a SC killer... because she won't :D

For as good and Megan and Evina are, they both will have a tough time but I wouldn't be shocked if either made it either... I just don't think that the guards ahead of them in college experience are decidedly better.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
UConn recruits are well represented but no Gordon or Espinosa Hunter among the 33 named
Wait a minute. I am sooooo confused. Candace Parker said in a recent interview that everyone who goes to UConn is "guaranteed" the chance to play for USA Basketball, thus reinforcing UConn's "monopoly" on recruiting. So how can this be?!

Reaction Score
For as good and Megan and Evina are, they both will have a tough time but I wouldn't be shocked if either made it either... I just don't think that the guards ahead of them in college experience are decidedly better.

Looking back at the list of players it seems like Walker and Westbrook will have a better chance of making it then I thought. Harris and Dangerfield will have the PG positions on lock, their aren't any other players I would choose over those two to run this team. Walker, Westbrook, and Carter seems like the best wing players with Joyner Holmes, Ruthy Hebard, Tori McCoy, and probably Jeanine Boehm as the Forwards and Posts. The rest of the team seems up in the air to me.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score

We will see. My comment was about you would get to see her play. Not that she will also SC killer. Of course she does have plenty of talent around her.

Reaction Score
We will see. My comment was about you would get to see her play. Not that she will also SC killer. Of course she does have plenty of talent around her.

Just poking fun. Im well aware what your comment was. Yes she has a lot of talent around her and I'm eager to see how it does next year. I'm very fond of evina and wish her nothing but the best.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Do the HS players have a ghost of a chance of sticking with this U19 team? Looks likely that it will be all WCBB.
I think there are more HS students/incoming frosh on the list, but the college players should have a huge advantage. I look for Crystal to make the team. I'll be curious about Shug Dickson. She was impressive on a not-so-good Tulsa team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom