USA vs France | The Boneyard

USA vs France

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just had a chance to watch the game today and it was very disappointing. The USA team is so overwhelming in relative talent that the enjoyment for me is watching great players make great plays. Instead, this game played like bully-ball. France tried to out-physical the USA which is an impossible task over a full game. Their first half shooting kept them in game but inexorably the USA talent pulled away in the second half.

But instead of playing like a team, the USA played down to the French level going one-on-one, muscling to the basketball instead of a playing team ball and acting like playground kids. The low point for me was in the second half when DT was guarding Johannes, a young French player. Johannes was running the baseline and DT egged her on to circle to the top of the key as she had a number of times previously. Instead, Johannes doubled back on the baseline, leaving DT and scoring an open basket from the opposite corner. DT was playing mind games while the French player was playing bball.

I hope for better on Saturday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS