USA vs. Dutch freindly | The Boneyard

USA vs. Dutch freindly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Over under on how many goals teh Dutch score 3, if Robben was playing i would put it at 5.

Reaction Score
Good gawd, we have had 3 great opportunities to score and have screwed them all up.

Reaction Score
Solid 1st half at 1-1. U.S. had the better of the play the first 20 minutes and couldn't finish a few great opportunities. The Dutch took control after that, and also missed on some good chances. Pretty evenly matched thru 45 minutest. J. Brooks is getting used a bit. Bradley has looked comfortable. Zardes with a nice finish for his 1st international goal, and he really should have had 2. All in all, considering who is not playing for the U.S., a respectable 1st half.

Let's see what happens in 2nd half and if we can keep a clean sheet between the 80th-90th minutes.

Reaction Score
Yes very entertaining game, but I feel like the dutch were toying with us

Reaction Score
Walked in the door from work. 3-1 Dutch, and just like that it's 4-3 USA. Insane final 20 minutes. And the U.S. Winnnnnnnnnnn

Reaction Score
Final. What an unbelievable victory for the Yanks! Much maligned Wood scored the winner, but it was after an amazing run from Bradley.

Reaction Score
the complacency by the Dutch defense was ridiculous.

Reaction Score
the complacency by the Dutch defense was ridiculous.
Agreed. Their center backs looked like they didn't want to be anywhere near the stadium. There was no one stepping up on Bradley's run, and the play where Morris abused the defender and created a great chance for himself, and that resulting corner produced Williams' goal. Overall, an incredible performance for us, but as great as we played is how horrendous the Dutch defense was in the final 25 minutes.

Reaction Score
Great confidence boost going into the game against Dar Germans.

Reaction Score
Do you think the Dutch are missing LVG? This was a big tune up for Amsterdam too, so you have to believe (hope, if you're Dutch) they were coming out guns a blazing. Great result. Impressed we didn't pack it in at 3-1. Good on ya Yanks.

Reaction Score
Just realized this... states in the U.S. start legalizing marijuana and U.S. Soccer starts owning the Dutch (2-0 in the last week). Coincidence.... I think n..... I want Taco Bell.

Reaction Score
Lucky win. The post was our best defender. Brooks is better as target striker. I am half ways serious. The defense was really bad, Brooks and Chandler man....

Michael Bradley had a huge game, but we still need a #10. I just think it's funny that Bobby Wood scored the winner. People, myself included ripped Jurgen for calling him in.

Jordan Morris with the winning assist. That's another win for Team Jurgen.

Reaction Score
Yeah our D was not good at all, Shea is the only one of the 4 that started in the back today that looks like he can defend at the highest level. It's nice seeing Jurgen play young players. Zardas and Yedlin had good games, Morris has the speed to be dangerous, but he is really not that skilled. Bradley was steady, but did have some wtf passes

Reaction Score
Yeah our D was not good at all, Shea is the only one of the 4 that started in the back today that looks like he can defend at the highest level. It's nice seeing Jurgen play young players. Zardas and Yedlin had good games, Morris has the speed to be dangerous, but he is really not that skilled. Bradley was steady, but did have some wtf passes

Bradley's run on that last goal was beast mode. He's the most important player in the program right now.

Reaction Score
Only caught the cliff notes. Overall, glad that the US had the stones to fight back. Bradley was an animal today; but, how much is it due to an extra effort by him versus a complete lack of any form of central defense by the Dutch. The US is also a very fast team. On the flip side, with our size in back, the Dutch should have never scored that many headers. Both teams had issues marking people. By the way, how as that not a foul on van Pierse's shot that was saved? He basically ran over a US defender who had established position. I could have (Wondo may not have) scored Brooks' goal as he was wide open 5 yards out. Still looking for the hole that Williams found to score the US's third goal. Wood put it away for the 4th goal; but, the US somehow had a 4 v 3 (including that keeper) on that counter.

Thoughts on the starters and formation for the Gold Cup?

Reaction Score

Granted I was watching the game while working, so maybe you're thinking of some specific situations I wasn't paying attention for, but I think your assessment is a little harsh on Morris. It's his 2nd senior game and he's had a goal and an assist, not to mention a goal for the U-23s in the Toulon Tournament. The guy produces and can't yet legally buy alcohol in the States.

Reaction Score
Granted I was watching the game while working, so maybe you're thinking of some specific situations I wasn't paying attention for, but I think your assessment is a little harsh on Morris. It's his 2nd senior game and he's had a goal and an assist, not to mention a goal for the U-23s in the Toulon Tournament. The guy produces and can't yet legally buy alcohol in the States.

I wasn't trying to be critical of Morris, I have seen him play in person several times. He is very stout for his size and he is able to bull his way past defenders, never seen him breaking a defender down with skill.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
ZooCougar said:
Lucky win. The post was our best defender. Brooks is better as target striker. I am half ways serious. The defense was really bad, Brooks and Chandler man....

Michael Bradley had a huge game, but we still need a #10. I just think it's funny that Bobby Wood scored the winner. People, myself included ripped Jurgen for calling him in.

Jordan Morris with the winning assist. That's another win for Team Jurgen.

The 4-3-3 (more a 4-1-2-2-1, but whatever) may suit the personnel and combine the forward pressure JK wants with the counter DNA of the US players.

Just need to find a better Def mid than Beckermann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom