USA vs Australia 3 X 3 Live Stream | Page 2 | The Boneyard

USA vs Australia 3 X 3 Live Stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Good game - but USA down the stretch with a 3 point lead kept jacking up quick shots instead of milking a little clock. They got lucky there. I also think they didn't substitute as well as they had in previous games I saw. All the jumping and fast switch from offense to defense can be really tiring - previously almost every dead ball they would switch so everyone was getting a minute or two rest every 3 minutes of game time.
Nice run by Hartley to run out the final 6 seconds!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Eric, there's no 3 point shot in 3 x 3. Shots made outside the arc count for two points. All others are only 1 point.
Oh that makes sense. Thanks! not familiar with the 3x3. it was actually the first game of any that i saw. I will say this, there is NO resting in the 3x3. if you aren't really fit, you are going to be a detriment to your team...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
And yes - it may be a different game but ... Australia is playing for Bronze and USA is playing France for Gold! Pretty funny that it ends up exactly the same final two games as in the Olympics.

Reaction Score
Anyone catch the way they spelled Chiney's name in the on screen roster - OgwuNIKE. Those guys are everywhere!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Wow - France is taking this pretty seriously! They are in the gold medal game for Men, Women, and Mixed! Too bad they only really have a chance at two of them ...:p

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I can't spell properly the delightful trill

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Chiney hit a free throw late, which turned out to be key

Yeah - we took a bunch of long 2s, missed nearly all of them (I saw two compete airballs by us in the latter portions of the game) and had numerous sloppy passes = turnovers.

Good thing AUS wasn't any better :p

There were a few nice cuts + feeds, and several good takes (mostly by SkyDigg) but all in all it was sloppier than I expected to see. I know 3x3 is more helter skelter but 3x3 was 90% of my basketball experience growing up and it's possible to get a lot more bread-and-butter midrange shots when you have a bit more patience.

I know I sound like a broken record on this last point: -----> Young players--esp forwards and centers--often spend too much time trying to make the splashy, hyper-athletic play, or force a play that isn't there. Please, please, please pay close attention to what patience and footwork can do for you. Roll tape of Taj McWilliams-Franklin. Then roll it again. And again. It takes years to be as smooth as Taj is inside, but that doesn't mean that young players can't be a lot better fundamentally than they often are. Taj isn't the only example but there are very few who are more efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom