USA - Turkey on NBCSN now. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

USA - Turkey on NBCSN now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Geno looked more relaxed. Last game he looked like he was down to his last buck and a quarter and somebody had stolen his lunch!

Reaction Score
I love the descriptions of what all the players are doing on their only off-day, tomorrow - most are seeing other sports, going sightseeing with families - Angel M is going on the "Jack the Ripper" tour.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I was watching during a meeting, so I could not also go Boneyard. But there were a handful of simply gorgeous plays. There was one where four people passed it around in a routine that was quick, and sharp and completely effective. When the team does stuff like that it looks as if they have been playing all their lives on the same block. I wish I had a clip of that beautiful play! Did anyone else see it?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Swin is a filler. She's not going to get a ton of minutes in close games because she's not one of the top 8 or 9 or even 10 best on the team. But she's a terrific player and teammate, and as a team captain, deserves to be on the team. Ashja had a terrific game. Showed what she could do with more minutes. It's funny how no one pissed or moaned when Swin made the team, but when Ashja did, the message board fanatics went absolutely bonkers.

Catchings and Parker played a combined 34 minutes, had 2 points, 8 boards, 2 assists, and 6 turnovers. They did worse than the grads from UCONN, LSU, Minnesota, and Louisville, and 3 of those schools only had 1 player from them. I'm not sure what anyone's point would be re: Cash.

I will say Parker had a particularly sub-par game. In fact, Geno took her out several times after blown defensive assignments, or launching the ball from deep. She needs to play with more intensity and play the way the coaches want. Augustus is a mid range expert, Whalen is terrific, Angel is everywhere and scoring to boot, and I'm hoping Fowles is good to go once the elimination rounds start. they NEED her.

Can't take too much away from one game, but I'd imagine this team is incredibly spread out in average PPG scoring - i bet no one is averaging over 13 or 14 PPG. It's great to see such unselfish hoops and not a ton of 1 on 1 play. I know Parker and McCaughtry love that kind of game, but it seems they are showing a lot more team work than the players might portray in the pro leagues...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yes, as excellent as CP3 was last game she was as bad today.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not able to see game. Only 3 mins for Swin - injured or just not playing well?
I think Geno gave Jones a lot of her minutes. Birthday girl and all.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Parker looks like she could be so dominant, but she settles for that arcing 15-footer waaaaay too often. When she does run the floor she is a great finisher and has amazing body control. It's like she's playing at half speed or something.

I love Maya Moore so much. Sometimes she looks like a little kid out there, like when she was trying to dribble up the court and bounced the ball off someone's (Whalen I think) heel. Hilarious.

Reaction Score
Parker looks like she could be so dominant, but she settles for that arcing 15-footer waaaaay too often. When she does run the floor she is a great finisher and has amazing body control. It's like she's playing at half speed or something.

I love Maya Moore so much. Sometimes she looks like a little kid out there, like when she was trying to dribble up the court and bounced the ball off someone's (Whalen I think) heel. Hilarious.

It's laziness...Geno might have controlled that...

Reaction Score

Did you like her 40 foot tap pass to Whalen for a layup...I thought the Turks gave up at that point...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom