USA - Turkey box, quotes, etc. now up. | The Boneyard

USA - Turkey box, quotes, etc. now up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
On USA Basketball site.

Sorry, can't post a link, but here's what Geno had to say about Lindsay Whelan today:

"When Lindsay was in college and we were getting ready to play them in the Final Four, I thought she was a great combination of someone who was hard-nosed and smart, creative. She is what a guard is supposed to be. Back in the day you had guards, forwards, and centers. Then somewhere along the line somebody screwed it up and said you have to have a point guard, two guard, small forward, and all that other stuff.
Lindsay’s just an old fashioned guard from back in the day, the way she looks, the way she plays. When I watched her in the pros before I had the chance to coach her I was like, ‘man, this kid doesn’t have any fun playing. She needs to smile more. She needs to love life and enjoy herself.’ When I got to know her a little bit at the World Championships and people ask me what was the most surprising part of the (USA) World Championship Team for you, and I say Lindsay Whalen. Her attitude, the work ethic that she brings, the confidence that I have in her is unquestioned. She belongs here, some people might not have not known that until she won a WNBA Championship last year, but she’s belonged here for a long time and I’m proud to have her. "

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Whalen enjoys life and is a hoot. Just not on tape....

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Hard to believe now, but just a few months ago, people were saying Lindsay should not be on this team.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
You rarely see hockey players smile on ice. Usually, that's because they don't have their teeth in but, also, because it is work. Lindsey is Wayne Gretsky and Mario Lemieux in her heart.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Hard to believe now, but just a few months ago, people were saying Lindsay should not be on this team.

Those people could not possibly have watched her play on a regular basis. I had the pleasure to watch her up close at the Sun all the years she was here. Always a star, but always seemed underrated. Possibly due to her stoic demeanor and willingness to be a total team player. She's a gem and we miss her a lot.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Great quote from Geno. I've really enjoyed watching her, and the entire team, play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom