USA Today Salary Survey - Hiring a college football coach is expensive. Firing one is too. | The Boneyard

USA Today Salary Survey - Hiring a college football coach is expensive. Firing one is too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is also demoralizing. Hope is literally a loooong way off.

His buyout goes down to $3.5M come 1/1/17. That's why I said we should fire him on 1/2/17. It will save the university $1.5M. Hopefully, we start looking now and have someone ready to go by 1/2/17.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't be better for Diaco in the long-run, if he just left on his own, such as going back to Notre Dame as the defensive coordinator, or he could go to a pro team. That way he does not have a blemish on his resume with a firing.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Wouldn't be better for Diaco in the long-run, if he just left on his own, such as going back to Notre Dame as the defensive coordinator, or he could go to a pro team. That way he does not have a blemish on his resume with a firing.

Yeah, because they are thrilled with Brian Kelly in South Bend.

Reaction Score
His buyout goes down to $3.5M come 1/1/17. That's why I said we should fire him on 1/2/17. It will save the university $1.5M. Hopefully, we start looking now and have someone ready to go by 1/2/17.

Again, no serious football program waits until a buyout date to pull the trigger. That's six weeks lost recruiting never mind letting someone twist in the wind. The $5M buyout is looking as smart as hiring PP

Reaction Score
Larry McHugh is probably the man to blame for much of this.

Reaction Score
We see where the AAC sits with this range.

Aspirational to be the next P6. And maybe this is all wishful thinking. However, the AAC at the basic range of $1.7 to 2.2 (with outliers ... and I bet Tulsa/SMU is closer to the $1.7) is far beyond the Mountain West which ranges $500-900k (with outliers); and the top end is right there with Rutgers, BC, Duke, etc.

This is a serious conference. We may question the inclusion of Tulsa or Tulane etc; but, Aresco has a qualifier: they all wanted to really play at this level. Ante.

Reaction Score
Again, no serious football program waits until a buyout date to pull the trigger. That's six weeks lost recruiting never mind letting someone twist in the wind. The $5M buyout is looking as smart as hiring PP
Coming into the season, a lot of people (myself included) were hoping he wouldn't get poached at the end of the year if the trajectory continued. He hasn't been good this year, to put it lightly. But it is what it is at this point. For better or worse, he's what we've got for the next couple years. I still hold some faith that we've got something in him. We're a few head scratching games away from being a bowl eligible team right now.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score

or it was intentional, the admin can say look its gonna cost $5mil to buyout his contract, we aren't gonna spend that kind of money to get rid of someone and we cant wait till the buy out because that will put us behind the ball. not saying i agree with it but this could be a reason for the high buyout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom