USA - oly hoops | The Boneyard

USA - oly hoops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Melo took one in the kanutskies today.

Could Boheim actually get a medal with K??? Unreal.

Reaction Score
Melo took one in the kanutskies today.

Could Boheim actually get a medal with K??? Unreal.

He was an assistant on the last Olympic team.

Reaction Score
My two cents from last night's game and the Olympics in general:

1) It is just completely absurd how good Kevin Durant is. I don't think any of his 3's last night even hit the rim, and the last one was from 30 feet. And he's 6'10''.

2) Chris Paul is significantly better than Deron Williams, who seems to love putting his head down and barreling his way to the basket. The offense runs so much better when CP is on the floor.

3) You can tell that the team (and coach K) defer to Kobe a lot, but they're better when he's on the bench. He was the ultimate ball stopper last night, flopping around in the post looking for foul calls that he routinely gets in the NBA but won't get in this format. I don't think there's any question that their best halfcourt offense is pick-and-roll with Chris Paul or Lebron getting into the lane with Carmelo and Durant spotting up. They run a few iso post-ups for Kobe just to keep him happy.

Reaction Score
Agree with you 100% on Kobe, his defense has also been pretty bad, way too much gambling from him leading to breakdowns on team D because people are covering for him. He's looking really old out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom