USA Friendlies this fall | The Boneyard

USA Friendlies this fall

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Most of these were on the slate before Ernie. I don’t know why they announced since these were out there already.
I'm gonna give Earnie ALL the credit. ;)

Reaction Score
ill keep everyone posted on the AO bus trip to the Meadowlands for Brasil

Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see who gets the call in September. Can definitely see Bradley and Dax suiting up

Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see who gets the call in September. Can definitely see Bradley and Dax suiting up

Maybe Wondo too.

Amazing how somehow the same people are still in charge. USSF is going to bring in a manager who won’t rock the boat.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Maybe Wondo too.

Amazing how somehow the same people are still in charge. USSF is going to bring in a manager who won’t rock the boat.
And....they've extended Sarachan out til the end of the year. Either they are doing a very, very thorough vetting process....or they have no clue. :confused:

Reaction Score
And....they've extended Sarachan out til the end of the year. Either they are doing a very, very thorough vetting process....or they have no clue. :confused:

Listen to the US Soccer establishment on Twitter, they all think this is Jurgen’s fault and that we are actually really good.

Reaction Score

The extension means they're seriously looking at one or more coaches from MLS, and see no reason why they have to leave before the season ends.

Reaction Score
Unbelievable these MLS people. It’s like Jurgen slept with their wives.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The extension means they're seriously looking at one or more coaches from MLS, and see no reason why they have to leave before the season ends.
Yea, probably. :(

Although if it was Martino (Gerardo, not Kyle), that may not be that bad. But they are probably not looking at him.

Reaction Score
Jesus Cristo ... just shoot most U.S. fans now and let us out of the impending misery. Or, is USSF following a ST, coach-on-a-discount strategy? Either way ...
Head bang

Reaction Score
Yea, probably. :(

Although if it was Martino (Gerardo, not Kyle), that may not be that bad. But they are probably not looking at him.

The only American that would be acceptable is Marsch. The others are don’t seem versatile enough to manage a NT. Like Vermes for example, he only knows how to win one way.

Reaction Score
The only American that would be acceptable is Marsch. The others are don’t seem versatile enough to manage a NT. Like Vermes for example, he only knows how to win one way.

I was extremely unhappy with Mike Petke being fired for jesse Marsch to come in to Red Bull. But the consistency of his results with one of the lowest payrolls in the league speaks for itself. He's obviously a good manager.

That having been said, managing a national team is an entirely different animal than coaching a club team, so who knows. But if we are hiring an American (and David Wagner does not count as an American), he is the one I would want.

Reaction Score

Can’t wait for Jonathan Klinsmann to be our #1 keeper.

Reaction Score
Can’t wait for Jonathan Klinsmann to be our #1 keeper.
If Klinsmann proves to be our best goalie, surname and relatives won't matter to most US fans. Well, maybe not Landycakes yet he's an El Tri supporter.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
We REALLY need to have our next coach selection be from outside the MLS. There are multiple qualified coaches we could realistically grab.

Even getting the best MLS coach at this point is no better than having Bob Bradley, which would beg the question of what we've done since Bradley left (which is regress, of course)...

And yes, I'm aware that Bradley is currently in MLS.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom