USA BB announced U-16 trials invitees | The Boneyard

USA BB announced U-16 trials invitees

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
35 players have accepted USA BB invitations to try out for the U-16 team. There will also be applicant athletes who participate in the trials over the memorial day weekend. This is the team that will be coached by Carla Berube and will play for the FIBA Americas championship in Argentina in June.

Players UConn is recruiting or has shown interest in include:

Sam Brunelle (2019)
Aliyah Boston (2019)
Zia Cooke (2019)
Celeste Taylor (2019)
Myra Gordon (2020 Lexi's sister)
Maddie Burke (2020 unofficial visit in Feb)
Kylee Watson (2020 unofficial visit in Feb)
Natalija Marshall (Christ the King/2020)

Thirty-Five Athletes Accept Invitations To USA Women’s U16 Trials

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Another 2020 player invited is Sydney Parrish, a 6-1 guard out of Indianapolis. She will likely be in the running for #1 ranked player in the 2020 class. I haven't heard of UConn interest (it's early) but this is what a Hoosier publication said about her last fall when she visited IU:

Sydney Parrish (uncommitted 6-foot-1 guard out of Indianapolis), ranked No. 1 by Prospect Nation

Recruiting Note: Let's keep this short and sweet. Parrish will be a star. Indiana will have to fight off the likes of UCONN and company if they want to keep her in state.

Reaction Score
Excited to see 2020
Katelyn Levings From Oklahoma and Cameron Brink from Oregon, both are stretch 4 and I expect 1 of them to end up with a Uconn offer when all is said and done and likely ended the number 1 player in the 2020 class. I'm also excited to see if the high school dunker Francesca Belibi can make the team.

Reaction Score
Another 2020 player invited is Sydney Parrish, a 6-1 guard out of Indianapolis. She will likely be in the running for #1 ranked player in the 2020 class. I haven't heard of UConn interest (it's early) but this is what a Hoosier publication said about her last fall when she visited IU:

Sydney Parrish (uncommitted 6-foot-1 guard out of Indianapolis), ranked No. 1 by Prospect Nation

Recruiting Note: Let's keep this short and sweet. Parrish will be a star. Indiana will have to fight off the likes of UConn and company if they want to keep her in state.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...y-parrish-not-your-typical-freshman/96313038/

Reaction Score
Excited to see 2020
Katelyn Levings From Oklahoma and Cameron Brink from Oregon, both are stretch 4 and I expect 1 of them to end up with a UConn offer when all is said and done and likely ended the number 1 player in the 2020 class. I'm also excited to see if the high school dunker Francesca Belibi can make the team.

This video is from a few years ago when KL was 13 but playing varsity ball....crazy

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ok, I need to learn some names from 2019 and 2020. I know Brunelle, of course, plus Boston, Peoples, Branch, and Myra Gordon. I need to become familiar with the others. I'm sure there are some little girls who have been inspired by Diana, Maya, Stewie, Moriah, et al. who will knock our socks off when they hit age 18.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Excited to see 2020
Katelyn Levings From Oklahoma and Cameron Brink from Oregon, both are stretch 4 and I expect 1 of them to end up with a UConn offer when all is said and done and likely ended the number 1 player in the 2020 class. I'm also excited to see if the high school dunker Francesca Belibi can make the team.
Belibi looks like Maya Moore, Gabby Williams, and Shaq Thomas. If the rest of her game develops, look out!

Reaction Score
I am surprised Anaya Peoples didnt make the cut as one of the 35

Reaction Score
I am surprised Anaya Peoples didnt make the cut as one of the 35

there were a number of good players not named but I believe they can still show up for the team trials if they are willing to pay their own way to Colorado

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Is it possible that some of the 2019 kids are too old for U-16?
Yes and very likely since FIBA uses age on January 1st as the cut off point to determine eligibility.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Recruiting Note: Let's keep this short and sweet. Parrish will be a star. Indiana will have to fight off the likes of UConn and company if they want to keep her in state.

A few folks over at McGraw's Bench from Indiana have seen her play early and often and like her very much. Let's keep her in state! :D

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I love that Aliyah Boston has been invited...she is a 2019'er from Worcester Academy. Daddy C and I saw her play in mid-January....so did
Chris Dailey! Maybe 6'3"...pretty athletic...really good handle for her age and size....kinda unpolished offensively at this point...very much worth keeping an eye on.
She attended our First Night last October....she is a 'young' soph....turned 15 this past December. Had really nice quick/aggressive spin moves around the basket.
If I remember correctly Daddy C thought she reminded him of Coates of SC fame.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Excited to see 2020

I put this into the UConn 2019/20 recruiting thread as well, but here's more than a little something on Ms. Brink.
Seems like in addition to her own natural talent, she has a beyond-her-own lifetime link to the Curry family and Steph has a strong connection to her. Many eyes might be shifting westward for this 6'4" player...
Unbreakable bond

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Excited to see 2020

I don't believe UConn has been in touch with Levings and may be one of the very few elite teams that hasn't. Sherri needs to win this one.

Reaction Score
I don't believe UConn has been in touch with Levings and may be one of the very few elite teams that hasn't. Sherri needs to win this one.

True, I expect her to see Uconn next year with a game @OU.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom