USA Basketball Training Camp Report: Day 1 in Seattle | The Boneyard

USA Basketball Training Camp Report: Day 1 in Seattle

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Roster Set For USA National Team’s Camp

SEATTLE – Nineteen of the best women’s basketball players in the world came together Tuesday at Seattle Pacific University to commence USA Basketball’s latest training camp. The three-day affair will conclude Thursday with an exhibition against China at KeyArena (10 p.m. ET).

This is the USA’s third training camp in preparation for the 2018 FIBA World Cup, which takes place this coming September in Spain. The team also held camp in Santa Barbara last fall and in South Carolina in February.

1c96419976f641b6bbe766f5c1e26f4c.ashx

Under former star player Dawn Staley – who will make her official debut as USA head coach against China – many of the WNBA’s brightest stars ran through drills, shooting competitions, five-on-five games and more on Tuesday. In addition to the coaches, Women’s National Team Director Carol Callan was in attendance as her staff continues to evaluate the roster for upcoming competitions.

Here are the top storylines from the first practice, featuring input from Staley and her players.

[LINK]

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
My brother is an SPU grad. So are a bunch of other people I know. I think I should be an honorary grad. Been in Brougham Pavilion a few times to watch games.

I should go to the exhibition game tomorrow...but I don't think I'm going to. Not feeling very motivated about it.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Did Dawn say she isn't part of the decision making process as to who makes the team? I guess this stuff just started, seeing as how everyone on Rocky Top would insist that Geno had a big input last time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom