USA Basketball Announces Roster for 2022 FIBA 3x3 U23 Nations League | The Boneyard

USA Basketball Announces Roster for 2022 FIBA 3x3 U23 Nations League

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
(From U.S.A. Basketball release attached below)

"USA Basketball announced today the rosters for the 2022 USA Basketball Men’s and Women’s 3x3 U23 Nations League Teams. Both teams will go through training camp Aug. 9-11 before competing in the fifth edition of the FIBA 3x3 Nations League, playing within the Americas conference in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, from Aug. 13-19."

"Each team is comprised of six athletes who bring a combination of USA Basketball (five-on-five and 3x3) and collegiate basketball experience.

"The USA Basketball 2022 3x3 U23 Women’s Nations League Team includes Aaliyah Moore (Texas), Maddy Siegrist (Villanova), Celeste Taylor (Duke), Alyssa Ustby (UNC), Kayla Wells (Texas A&M) and Maddy Westbeld (Notre Dame)."

Celeste Taylor is a familiar name, having played on multiple U.S.A. teams throughout the years and Kayla Wells has been a 3x3 vet. Westbeld, although a forward, is the tallest member of the squad at 6'3". She has an inside-out game that should match well with 3x3.

I don't remember six-person squads (remembering the 4-person team in the Olympics). Is this new or do "junior teams" have more players?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Siegrist, Taylor and Westbeld are all extremely versatile and just ballers, fantastically suited for the 3x3 game.

I don't see Wells as having as high of a ceiling for whatever reason. I haven't gotten to watch enough of Moore although she's highly regarded as a future star. Ustby is a player I know nothing about.

Those 6 were selected from a pool of 11 players who went to trials Aug. 5-8:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
(From U.S.A. Basketball release attached below)

"USA Basketball announced today the rosters for the 2022 USA Basketball Men’s and Women’s 3x3 U23 Nations League Teams. Both teams will go through training camp Aug. 9-11 before competing in the fifth edition of the FIBA 3x3 Nations League, playing within the Americas conference in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, from Aug. 13-19."

"Each team is comprised of six athletes who bring a combination of USA Basketball (five-on-five and 3x3) and collegiate basketball experience.

"The USA Basketball 2022 3x3 U23 Women’s Nations League Team includes Aaliyah Moore (Texas), Maddy Siegrist (Villanova), Celeste Taylor (Duke), Alyssa Ustby (UNC), Kayla Wells (Texas A&M) and Maddy Westbeld (Notre Dame)."

Celeste Taylor is a familiar name, having played on multiple U.S.A. teams throughout the years and Kayla Wells has been a 3x3 vet. Westbeld, although a forward, is the tallest member of the squad at 6'3". She has an inside-out game that should match well with 3x3.

I don't remember six-person squads (remembering the 4-person team in the Olympics). Is this new or do "junior teams" have more players?
My understanding is that this is six one-day tournaments instead of one six-day tournament so teams cannot change over the course of a day, but can be changed each day. Makes sense to allow some rotation or have the ability to make a change after an injury.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom