OT- US Open women's tennis | The Boneyard

OT- US Open women's tennis

Reaction Score
Has been an amazing US Open - great to see so many great young players! Feels like the baton is being passed to the youth.

Reaction Score
Fun to watch.Theyre quick to the ball, keep the ball low ,hitting sharp angles,decision and execution are really impressive .I like the way Fernandez slowly chopped down aryna like an oak tree and her crashing at the end.I think she runs out of gas early in the final.I haven't seen anyone play like raducanu,she's only been on the tour 2 months and made the us final,she's special

Reaction Score
Fun to watch.Theyre quick to the ball, keep the ball low ,hitting sharp angles,decision and execution are really impressive .I like the way Fernandez slowly chopped down aryna like an oak tree and her crashing at the end.I think she runs out of gas early in the final.I haven't seen anyone play like raducanu,she's only been on the tour 2 months and made the us final,she's special
Been lurking and haven't posted for a while, so pretty weird that a post on women's tennis brings me back.. could not agree more with Kajik's assessment. The two teenagers have been inspiring evidence that brute strength can meet its match in quickness, guile, shot-making arsenal and mental toughness. I hope they both become fixtures on the tour for the long term and think they have every ability to do so. They're refreshing and I view Saturday's final as a can't-lose scenario from the casual fan's standpoint. Thanks for the thread superjohn!

Reaction Score
They're making their way to the front of the pack by imposing their skills and i.q. on anyone in their path.Opponents will have to play their best and match the skill and i.q. of these teens to beat them and not just power.Tennis had written off teens to being successful at winning majors again,history just keeps repeating itself.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The final was a good watch. Was rooting for Fernandez but hard not to root for both of these young women. Incredible grace and poise from both in the award ceremony, too. Amazing that Raducano had to pull out of the semis in Wimbledon because of an anxiety attack. She was steely throughout here. The medical timeout definitely helped her and hurt Fernandez’s momentum, but it was obviously warranted.

Great, great story in so many ways.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Watching the wrapup of the Men's Final, I thought that Patrick McEnroe is looking sonewhat like Chris Matthews, and John McEnroe is looking somewhat like Bill Raftery.

Reaction Score
Haha your right.Poor Patrick could never get out of John's shadow.Hes always been identified as 'hey that's John's brother,what's his name"

Reaction Score
Emma Raducanu will be by far the biggest female athlete. She obviously has the goods as a player winning the US Open as a qualifier never dropping a set and never even going to a tie breaker. She has the personality, the smile, and she's a gorgeous girl. Women's tennis and Emma are going to be extremely happy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom