OT: - US Open Tennis | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: US Open Tennis

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
American Frances Tiafoe with a wonderful win over Nadal in 4 sets. Tiafoe was very steady and some of his ground stroke winners were unbelievable. But Nadal never could find his A game either.

Can he bring some respect to American Men's tennis?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Oh well, Coco loses in straight sets 6-4 6-4. Garcia was just more willing to go for winners.

Reaction Score
Oh well, Coco loses in straight sets 6-4 6-4. Garcia was just more willing to go for winners.
Correct me if I’m wrong but I think final score was 6-3 6-4.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Garcia is on fire this tournament. She has ripped through her quarter of the draw without even coming close to dropping a set. If she continues at this level, no one will beat her. But that's a big if, as the pressure increases exponentially in the semis and final.

Reaction Score
Garcia is a really good player. Loving the tournament so far although my favorite Kvitova went down already- sigh, think her best days are behind her.

Plebe

Reaction Score
The Alcaraz-Sinner match last night was truly epic. More than five hours of brilliant shotmaking and titanic momentum swings. For those of us who've been wondering who will be the face of men's tennis in the post-Big Three era, this match seemed to fit the bill.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Ladies Night (Both Woman's Semifinals) tonight. Lots of channel surfing tonight.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Garcia is on fire this tournament. She has ripped through her quarter of the draw without even coming close to dropping a set. If she continues at this level, no one will beat her. But that's a big if, as the pressure increases exponentially in the semis and final.
And just like that, from hot to cold. Garcia had about twice as many unforced errors as winners, and Ons Jabeur, one of my favorite players, played an awesome match. I love the variety in her game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Tiafoe showed alot of heart to win the 4th set tie breaker after looking out of it. But seems to be losing steam in the 5th set. Down 4-2.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Tiafoe showed alot of heart to win the 4th set tie breaker after looking out of it. But seems to be losing steam in the 5th set. Down 4-2.
He played really well. Had a great tourney. We just might see the first teenager to win a GS since ... Rafa?

Reaction Score
Alcaraz and Tiafoe will have many titanic struggles over the ensuing years. If Tiafoe wants to win a major he needs to improve his net play, his second serve, and learn to take a little bit off of those very hard but flat forehand and backhand shots that sail out sometimes, and put a tiny bit of topspin on the ball on both sides.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Alcaraz and Tiafoe will have many titanic struggles over the ensuing years. If Tiafoe wants to win a major he needs to improve his net play, his second serve, and learn to take a little bit off of those very hard but flat forehand and backhand shots that sail out sometimes, and put a tiny bit of topspin on the ball on both sides.
Did not see the Alcaraz game but from what I saw of the other games, I thought Tiafoe's net game was very good with fantastic touch although his size limits his lateral coverage. I agree with the other assessments

Reaction Score
Did not see the Alcaraz game but from what I saw of the other games, I thought Tiafoe's net game was very good with fantastic touch although his size limits his lateral coverage. I agree with the other assessments
When he’s standing up or even bending a little his volleys at the net are pretty good but when he has to get low or hit a touch drop shot with good backspin or hit one back, I think he could use some improvement. He’s only 6’2” and about 190, so I dont think his size limits his movement. I mean there are a lot of players who are world class and much taller and heavier than Tiafoe who are great in all aspects of net play.

Reaction Score
Do not understand. Are you saying that being 6' 2" is a liability to lateral coverage?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
A few loose ends to tie up.... but am I the only one who misses the US Open being on CBS ???

I haven't played tennis in over 20 years, but between watching Tiafoe, Rudd, and Kyrigos play, it makes me want to buy a Yonex racquet. :oops:

Reaction Score
A few loose ends to tie up.... but am I the only one who misses the US Open being on CBS ???

I haven't played tennis in over 20 years, but between watching Tiafoe, Rudd, and Kyrigos play, it makes me want to buy a Yonex racquet. :oops:
I hear yah about it being on CBS and the Yonex racquets. I went to the Open every year back then, and what I miss most is watching a slightly inebriated Pat Summerall try to navigate up the 50 or 60 cement steps to get to the broadcast booth. Back in those days there was a full service bar and bartenders under Louis Armstrong stadium and PS was a fixture there. Nice guy actually and very approachable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom