Urban Meyer Stepping Down | The Boneyard

Urban Meyer Stepping Down

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Low moral compass out, let's see how the next guy does.

Reaction Score
Low moral compass out, let's see how the next guy does.

Yes but Urban Meyer was also very very good at his job.

Next guy will likely have to go even lower to do 1/2 as good as job.

polycom

Reaction Score
Yes but Urban Meyer was also very very good at his job.

Next guy will likely have to go even lower to do 1/2 as good as job.

Yes Urban is incredible at this job he is also horrible at hiding his low moral compass... He should get better at it...if he wants to keep his next job.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Right on schedule. If any of you drive past the ESPN studios today, be sure to lower the volume of your car stereo out of respect for those who are mourning.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I see a fan getting hit with something? Looks brown

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Dude effectively has brain cancer. Everyone knew this was coming.

Reaction Score
Yes Urban is incredible at this job he is also horrible at hiding his low moral compass... He should get better at it...if he wants to keep his next job.
Next job? This is it. He is done coaching. The management of his brain cyst, the flaring back up of symptoms, superimposed on to the kind of incredibly high-stress and constant work, must be near impossible; especially if it’s to the point he is leaving a dream job at which he is execelling

Unfortunate, really. I see “moral compass” a half dozen times just ITT but as far as I’m concerned he wasn’t that much worse than any other coach at a top-flight program. An all-time great coach.

polycom

Reaction Score
Next job? This is it. He is done coaching. The management of his brain cyst, the flaring back up of symptoms, superimposed on to the kind of incredibly high-stress and constant work, must be near impossible; especially if it’s to the point he is leaving a dream job at which he is execelling

Unfortunate, really. I see “moral compass” a half dozen times just ITT but as far as I’m concerned he wasn’t that much worse than any other coach at a top-flight program. An all-time great coach.

Most big time college coaches have low moral compasses, they just hide it better than Urban and I hope his health improves for his families sake

Reaction Score

He is 57 now. Barring some bigger issue, I think he will by back on the sidelines by his 60th birthday.

Reaction Score
He is 57 now. Barring some bigger issue, I think he will by back on the sidelines by his 60th birthday.
Yeah his brain is a far bigger issue.

I didn’t know about it either until last week, it’s flown kind of under the radar for a bit, but you should look in to what he has been dealing with, with his brain cyst

Reaction Score
If he wins the bowl game, he will have been 83-9 (54-4 in conference play) at OSU. Amazing. Frankly, I would take it I don't care how - - in the long run it would be more beneficial than not...

Reaction Score
"Moral compass" is a nonsense term that only makes the world a much harder place in the grand scheme of things. Call him flawed, call him irresponsible, entitled, even selfish if you want. I continue to believe that judging people like Urban Meyer - who have never committed a crime or directly participated in a plan to hurt someone - is the worst thing that people in the media can do for the simple reason that it's unfair. If you're going to charge someone with something, charge them with something they can defend themselves against. No matter what may have resulted from Urban's negligence, the underlying accusation - that his self-interest allowed him to rationalize the mistreatment of others - is one that can be made of literally any American adult.

I'm not saying you have to like him. I certainly don't and never have. We should expect better conduct from our leaders moving forward.

But at what point is enough, enough? Guy has clearly paid a steep price for living the life he's lived, both mentally and physically. If he was really this psychopath with no moral compass, the mistakes he's made and the criticism he's taken wouldn't weigh on his conscience like this. If anything his health problems are an indication that we should have lightened up. Let the man enjoy his retirement and we can save the guilt-trips for another time.

polycom

Reaction Score
"Moral compass" is a nonsense term that only makes the world a much harder place in the grand scheme of things. Call him flawed, call him irresponsible, entitled, even selfish if you want. I continue to believe that judging people like Urban Meyer - who have never committed a crime or directly participated in a plan to hurt someone - is the worst thing that people in the media can do for the simple reason that it's unfair. If you're going to charge someone with something, charge them with something they can defend themselves against. No matter what may have resulted from Urban's negligence, the underlying accusation - that his self-interest allowed him to rationalize the mistreatment of others - is one that can be made of literally any American adult.

I'm not saying you have to like him. I certainly don't and never have. We should expect better conduct from our leaders moving forward.

But at what point is enough, enough? Guy has clearly paid a steep price for living the life he's lived, both mentally and physically. If he was really this psychopath with no moral compass, the mistakes he's made and the criticism he's taken wouldn't weigh on his conscience like this. If anything his health problems are an indication that we should have lightened up. Let the man enjoy his retirement and we can save the guilt-trips for another time.

What...? Are you saying that his health issues are because he choose not to fire someone on his staff that was beating their wife, which he had knowledge of and decided to lie about?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Next from Champs: is winning games really all that it’s cracked up to be for sports teams?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom