OT: Ur Favorite Wrestler growing up- pic | The Boneyard

OT: Ur Favorite Wrestler growing up- pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
It's been about 25 yrs since I've watched the old WWF. Tonite I bumped into a few shows about the History/Stunts/Scripts of Wrestling on History Channel. Brings back lots of memories. I'm pretty sure I didn't clothesline my cousins (safely) growing up. Got me thinking about all the Amazing characters back in the day. Who did you root for/against?? Remember this dude.....
jake_roberts_wallpaper.jpg

Reaction Score
Now we're talking. Big wrestling fan here. I used to watch religiously from about 1996-2000, then took awhile off, but got back into it and I'm hooked again.

I have so many favorites for so many different reasons, but...

My Top 5 (as of right now):

1a) Mr. Wrestlemania, The showstopper, The icon, The main event. Shawn Michaels
images

1b) The King of Kings, The Cerebral Assassin, The Game. HHH
images

Reaction Score
5) Stone Cold

images

Honorable Mention: The entire NWO Wolfpac, Current CM Punk, Jericho, 1997-esque Kane, Mark Henry's current character

And my most hated wrestling figure ever, the man who killed WCW, not to mention the Owen Hart thing....

Vince Russo
images

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Great thread, and one that I'm pretty sure has popped up on TOB a few times in the past.

I always loved HHH and Stone Cold growing up. The Rock of course put on a great show as well. He'll always be The Rock to me, despite the fact that he tried to drop "The Rock" part out of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in his movie credits now.

Reaction Score
Started out watching WCW. Sting was one of my favorites.
Sting.jpg

When I became a fan of WWE, these guys became my favorite, mainly because of Lita :rolleyes: and all the hardcore matches they had.
fa48b37a302ac25bbefa00b8669e8e242.jpg

Reaction Score
1- Brett Hart. Thought that dude was the absolute coolest as a little kid and met him after a match at the HCC with my uncle when I was 5-7 or something like that. I don't remember anything from that night except meeting The Hitman Hart, and everyone booing Yokozuna and wondering why as it was my first wrestling experience.
2- Mick Foley
3-The Rock
4- Stone Cold

Ohhhh you didn't know????
5- Billy Gunn and Jesse James.

Reaction Score
The Undertaker. Hes an all time great and he portrayed that character of the dead man very well. He was a scary guy.
Cant forget about the macho man either.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
I miss the good old days of the WWF now its really unwatchable

Reaction Score
I miss the good old days of the WWF now its really unwatchable
The PG-era isn't doing them any favors imo. I understand why they went from TV-MA to PG, but I don't agree with it. When people think of WWF(E), they think of the Attitude era. I'd love for them to get back to that. From 99 through the 1st half of 2000, their ratings were consistently in the 6's, and even as high as 8.3. In 2011, they've been in the 3's, and steadily falling in recent years.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Mankind was sick too (Dude Love, Catcus Jack, Mick Foley)

Greg Da Hammer Valentine.. Figure-4 Leg lock (or was it Ric Flair)

The Rock & Stone Cold were the best * talkers

Sergeant Slaughter (the jawline was amazing)

the Diamond Cutter

Faarooq

Kamala

Shane O'Mac

Reaction Score
Ric Flair-best on the mic in the 80's; the original 4 horsemen were great
Shawn Michaels-best in ring performer I've ever seen
Goldberg-best gimmick; the Mike Tyson of wrestling
Ultimate Warrior-best entrance
the Von Erichs-their battles with Chris Adams and Gino Hernandez were legendary
Road Warriors-great tag team; their beatdown of the Midnight Rockers(Michaels and Jannetty) on the old AWA almost made me believe wrestling wasnt fake

My favorite live wrestling experience was watching Jake Roberts sneak attack Ricky "the dragon" Steamboat at the Civic Center on Saturday night's Main Event. Jake ended up DDT-ing him outside the ring on the concrete. They carted Steamboat off on a stretcher while the crowd heckled his wife.

Reaction Score
Showing my age, but, loved Bob Backlund because I looked like him. Which is kind of embarrasssing now that I think of it.
thumbnail.aspx

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Ric Flair-best on the mic in the 80's; the original 4 horsemen were great
Shawn Michaels-best in ring performer I've ever seen
Goldberg-best gimmick; the Mike Tyson of wrestling
Ultimate Warrior-best entrance
the Von Erichs-their battles with Chris Adams and Gino Hernandez were legendary
Road Warriors-great tag team; their beatdown of the Midnight Rockers(Michaels and Jannetty) on the old AWA almost made me believe wrestling wasnt fake

My favorite live wrestling experience was watching Jake Roberts sneak attack Ricky "the dragon" Steamboat at the Civic Center on Saturday night's Main Event. Jake ended up DDT-ing him outside the ring on the concrete. They carted Steamboat off on a stretcher while the crowd heckled his wife.

hahaha DDT... piledrive, stunner, people's elbow, sleeper, sweet chin music, chokeslam

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My favorite was the Unpredictable Johnny Rodz. The best tag team was Fuji and Saito. They were sick.

Reaction Score
Remember those hillbilly wrestlers? Macho Man ruled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom