OT: Ur Favorite Wrestler growing up- pic | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Ur Favorite Wrestler growing up- pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Always liked when Tony Atlas said "rassle".

Atlas' interviews were in the same mold as Jimmy Snuka's; You were always left thinking "Wait, what did he say?"
(Neither of them could touch the Ultimate Warrior in this department, though.)

On a WWE best of the 80's DVD, Atlas and Paul Orndorff had a brawl backstage. Afterwards, they interview Atlas, who is ticked off at Orndorff. He calls him a nincompoop, but spits the word out like it is the most curse word ever. It made the whole segment worth it.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Pimpin At Easy.. The Godfather
godfather.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Isn't that Rick Martel with Garea? I ask because my first memory of pro wrestling on TV was a clip of a match where Garea and Martel beat the Moondogs (managed by Lou Albano) for the tag titles. That set off a couple decades worth of wrestling viewing.
Oops you are right! How'd I miss that? Ho and Garea won the tag team championship in '74 against Mr. Fuji and Toru Tanaka. They were the consumate "good guys" so they were easy to like. They lost the title a few months later to the Valient Brothers (no not the Venture Bros.).
thumbnail.aspx

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There's a great Biography or History Channel show on the life of Andre. It's pretty funny. They interview his brother and other people from France where he grew and many wrestlers.

Bottom line? Every story no matter how bizarre is pretty much true. He could literally drink a case a liquor a night in the bars. No one can verify some of the stories because he drank everyone under the table. His eating stories are equally urban legends.

His strength while he performed in the 70's and early 80's was legendary. Guys like Bruno, Gorilla and Sgt Slaughter said he could lift or move whatever object was in front of him. Wasn't much of a weightlifter, but he was so much stronger than anyone.
Thanks, I'll look for it.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
1. Bret Hart
2. Sting
3. DX with the nod going to the New Age Outlaws.
4. Stone Cold
5. was Chris Benoit but that kinda changed......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom